Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

PSES My Print Manager Can't Manage C552 Server Conn. Error/No Target Device Exists

I've got several other C552DS machines managed but I am having a hard time with one in particular. All the settings are identical on the machines but when I go to manage the trouble one, I get an error "A Server Error Occurred". When I try to Edit the machine, an error pops up and says "No Target Device Exists".

I can manage it with the authentication manager without any problems. Any help is greatly appreciated!

*Edit: I did notice one thing that is different between the machines. The SSDP settings under the network tab are completely missing.

I have done a data clear, HDD format, and updated the firmware
    Last edited by captainrva; 04-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PSES My Print Manager Can't Manage C552 Server Conn. Error/No Target Device Exists

Re: PSES My Print Manager Can't Manage C552 Server Conn. Error/No Target Device Exist

Is SNMP all set to default?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

Re: PSES My Print Manager Can't Manage C552 Server Conn. Error/No Target Device Exist

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Is SNMP all set to default?
    These are the SNMP settings on the problem C552 and they match the other machines.

SNMP = ON
    SNMP v1/v2c(IP) = checked
    SNMP v3(IP) = checked
    SNMP v1(IPX) = checked
    UDP Port Setting = 161

Ensure you have the latest plugin for the C652 series, and read the PDF that tells you the proper function version. My guess is this particular device is to low for the current plug in..When you try to edit the device settings in device manager, does the admin password field display? Also, there are 2 password fields, 1 for the admin and one for the Open API. you should not change the default under the 2nd one unless you know it matches what you are inputting on the same open API section under network settings. I would disable SNMPv3 and verify it's disabled on the MFP. What are the results of the communication test? Emujo

Yeah good point on plugin version

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk