Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Bizhub C280 Double Image

    I have a problem with our client's Bizhub C280 machine that is producing a double image. There are no error codes on the machine. What I did so far was switch the drum with another drum but the result is still the same. I also cleaned the IDC sensors.

    Here's the sample copy:

    SKMBT_C28017042709340-page-001.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C280 Double Image

    mearmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_94 View Post
    I have a problem with our client's Bizhub C280 machine that is producing a double image. There are no error codes on the machine. What I did so far was switch the drum with another drum but the result is still the same. I also cleaned the IDC sensors.

    Here's the sample copy:

    SKMBT_C28017042709340-page-001.jpg

    It seems Cyan Imaging Unit.

    For double image if same image repeats. Could be Fuser or Transfer Belt Unit.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Quote Originally Posted by mearmi View Post
    It seems Cyan Imaging Unit.

    For double image if same image repeats. Could be Fuser or Transfer Belt Unit.
    I tried switching the Cyan drum with the drum for Magenta but it still had the same result.

    I recently replaced the Transfer Belt 2 months ago because it was causing P codes.

    I also tried to deliberately jam the paper just before it reaches the Fusing unit and the double image is still present.
    Last edited by joshua_94; 04-27-2017 at 09:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C280 Double Image

    mearmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_94 View Post
    I tried switching the Cyan drum with the drum for Magenta but it still had the same result.

    I recently replaced the Transfer Belt 2 months ago because it was causing P codes.

    I also tried to deliberately jam the paper just before it reaches the Fusing unit and the double image is still present.
    Replace the whole cyan unit.

    have you tried replacing the fuser? Or stop the paper before reaching the fuser unit.

    How is image on the transfer Belt?

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    I think it is a toner problem.
    Take out Cyan Toner Cartridge and run machine for 50 / 100 copies to take out Cyan (full Cyan Patch)
    When machine ask for new cyan toner, put fresh known good toner and try again.
    Hope this helps

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Replace PH unit = LSU

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A310F met Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Run cmyk gradation test in service mode. That should isolate the color. If cyan, swap cyan dv unit & test. The repeated image looks very close together, indicating a small circumference roller, like the mag roller. Maybe the dv unit got something in it... condensation or contaminated toner? If you swap a used good dv unit and leave it in, I highly recommend you use a reset chip on it in the destination machine. That will insure the toner density stays ok.

  8. #8
    Technician jqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    Have you checked the teflon coating on the fuser?? To me, that looks like the fusing heat roller is failing. Check the fuser is all I have to say...

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    I replaced the Cyan Developing Unit and the problem was fixed.

    Thanks everyone!

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bizhub C280 Double Image

    [QUOTE=joshua_94;565048]I replaced the Cyan Developing Unit and the problem was fixed.

    Normally developer will not cause repeat image problem.
    Since you have replaced developer unit, the toner contained in developer is different than what you are using in Cyan cartridge. It will take few hundred prints when your toner will get mixed in developer.
    If problem repeats again try changing toner.

    Since problem is resolved by replacing developer unit all other parts are in good condition.

    Hope this helps.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here