Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by padedwalls View Post
    My issue is in fact the MFP battery went bad.. MFP dumped all info! Serial #'s, meters, clock (both in Utility & the Service Mode)... what a nightmare to run full setup as if straight out of box from KM. KM placed security lines (color developed) embedded that remove only once setup is done.... if clocks dont match, lines will stay be embedded to prints/copies.. was able to rid security lines but I still have other smaller 4 inch lines appearing on prints/copies.. believing my new MFP board from Hytec to be faulty.. to replace board again soon.. the joy begins again!
    Did you try to replaced JUST the battery? 3 legs to unsolder/solder..charge in machine.Done in HP Xerox Ricoh Oki m Canon

  2. #12
    Technician padedwalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Did you try to replaced JUST the battery? 3 legs to unsolder/solder..charge in machine.Done in HP Xerox Ricoh Oki m Canon
    Back in the analog days I would try such a thing as I'm an old school repairman (US Navy Aviation Elect Mate VET even), but KM warranties such costly boards... so as to NOT void a WARRANTY, I'll go through the "process" vs eating an $1100+ board... I'd prefer some downtime vs a manager talking to about my "expenses" to company!!
    22 yrs experience with copiers... I once fixed a 2 wk old Ricoh with a gaming domino for the rt door/fuser interlock... literally awaiting a 3 wk shipment of rt door cover from Japan around the 2011 earthquake/tsunami power plant meltdown situation! When toner shipments from Japan were even being restricted.

    I seldom break out a soldering iron nowadays

  3. #13
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by padedwalls View Post
    Back in the analog days I would try such a thing as I'm an old school repairman (US Navy Aviation Elect Mate VET even), but KM warranties such costly boards... so as to NOT void a WARRANTY, I'll go through the "process" vs eating an $1100+ board... I'd prefer some downtime vs a manager talking to about my "expenses" to company!!
    22 yrs experience with copiers... I once fixed a 2 wk old Ricoh with a gaming domino for the rt door/fuser interlock... literally awaiting a 3 wk shipment of rt door cover from Japan around the 2011 earthquake/tsunami power plant meltdown situation! When toner shipments from Japan were even being restricted.

    I seldom break out a soldering iron nowadays
    Yeah.. but when it comes to battery.. no biggie
    20yrs ago was milcert for thru n some surface ( Telex )
    So true.. I wonder how many can wipe the webs to use O scope n other tube diag pieces.
    Also train @ Sencor (ND) On CRT repairs ..back b4 it became $$$$ silly to do it.. I still get MAC repairs * once a year?*
    The good ole days.. when it wasn't just swap-n-go!
    .

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Technician padedwalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Yeah.. but when it comes to battery.. no biggie
    20yrs ago was milcert for thru n some surface ( Telex )
    So true.. I wonder how many can wipe the webs to use O scope n other tube diag pieces.
    Also train @ Sencor (ND) On CRT repairs ..back b4 it became $$$$ silly to do it.. I still get MAC repairs * once a year?*
    The good ole days.. when it wasn't just swap-n-go!
    .

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Times are a different my friend! Especially on the electronic side! I prefer the simpler side of electronics (smart device generation we are now.. phones, TV, car, ++)... still love to get my hands into electro-mechanical troubleshooting though vs electronic...
    Man! I haven't touched an oscilloscope since USN A-school in early 1991 in Millington, TN
    Hell in early 90's the F18 came into the US Navy with laser gyro systems vs the gimble-gyro that was in the F14, A6, ++.... what a change that was in the Navigation shop out on our carrier..
    Times a change my friend! Forward we go! We couldn't even crack the F18's gyro side, it went back to civilian depot level back then. It was a component swap out (sealed).

  5. #15
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Hi,

    We have replaced battery in 3 different MFP. It solved the problem.

    Gergő

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    North Little Rock
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergő View Post
    Hi,

    We have replaced battery in 3 different MFP. It solved the problem.

    Gergő
    So what are the steps after battery replacement. Does it boot normally? Do you have to go through the machine installation manual afterwards. Got one doing this and we are looking at replacing the battery.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    hamyang
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

    Quote Originally Posted by safirod View Post
    Good day,
    The machine was displaying "replace disposal tank" user replaced it and then when user close the front cover, machine rebooted by itself and displayed "Input Serial Number, call representative " So i was able to access the service mode, by pressing the Reset Mode, I input the serial numbers for copier, adf, finisher, turned off copier waited for 1 minute then after turning on copier, machine was ready to copy for 2-3 seconds then displayed "PTM chip needs to be reset", so I removed, cleaned and installed the SSD card, the machine rebooted and displayed "input serial number". Any suggestion is appreciated
    cause.
    It is a back up battery discharge.
    Workaround.
    Replace the battery.
    Download the recovery firmware.
    Initialize the NV-RAM.
    Enter your serial number.
    https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/support.aspx?
    Enter and receive a repair license code.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here