Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C350 with Fiery

rasman67

C350 with Fiery

I have a c350 that when you scan the file can only be opened by the computer that it is scanned to. when you try to open the file by another compuer in the shared file an error pops up. Is there a security feature that is possibly turned on.

Thanks in advanced

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rasman67 View Post
    I have a c350 that when you scan the file can only be opened by the computer that it is scanned to. when you try to open the file by another compuer in the shared file an error pops up. Is there a security feature that is possibly turned on.

Thanks in advanced
    I do not know of any type of security setting on a C350, that would do that. Once the file gets to the computer, the C350 has nothing else to do with it.

I am sure that it is how you have your computer set up. What error does it give? Based on your answer, I or someone else might be able to help you.
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

rasman67
    The message is Error opening document access denied. this happens on all machines exept for the computer with the FTP services on it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Haroldbfix's Avatar

Thanks in advanced
    Sounds like a permission issue with the folder. Make sure all the permissions are set to allow. Are the computers on different domains?

rasman67
    The customers IT dept says that all permissions are set to allow. If another file is placed in the folder or created in the folder everyone can see and open it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Haroldbfix's Avatar
    The customers IT dept says that all permissions are set to allow. If another file is placed in the folder or created in the folder everyone can see and open it.
    Just a thought. If you scanned to a different shared folder on a different computer can everyone see the scan?