Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scanning to windows 10

Re: Scanning to windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I know this is an old post, but just ran into this. Elmo's reply was the only thing that worked for me on c654s (and naturally the last thing I tried). Seems that only SMB 1 Server needs to be installed

Was there ever a FW to fix this? Perhaps the E version up?
    Yes, there was a special firmware release to enable SMB 2/3 support on the C654 series.

The 'version up' firmware was different, that was to address scanning via SMTP issues & other fixes.

Bizhub_SMB_support.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Scanning to windows 10

I used to use the G00-72 (2-10-2014) version up firmware then do the special firmware GDB-M1 (allows SMBv2/v3) on our machines. Since then there is now a GBE-A9 (9-17-2020) version up firmware and newer SMBV2/V3 firmware. I have yet to look at it to see if it has SMBv2/V3 in it or not. It should since it is newer than the firmware I was using. Since it worked for us I had not checked into newer firmware. We have been replacing our 4 and 4e series fleet with newer machines so this has not been coming up for us as much as it used to. I have also noticed that Microsoft is turning off services that they have deemed either not needed or a security risk. Some of these SMB sharing depends on and even after enabling sharing does not allow the copier to work even if 2 computers are able to share files. The following can be pasted into a new txt document and and saved as a batch, .bat, and ran. This way you do not need to go through services to enable each one. I do have a more complete batch file that does nearly everything I need at the computer such as, creating the "Scans" user with the PW "Scanner1" which can be changes. Creates the scans folder, shares it as Scans and creates the shortcut. Manipulates the Windows firewall and the below services. I have a 95% success rate on most Windows computers with it. Those that do not work I usually have to go into the Sharing tab of the Folder properties, Permissions and add my user there with full permissions. Sometimes the batch file does this and other times it does not. The other reason would be third party firewalls and computer be locked down by customers IT.

rem Workstationsc config LanmanWorkstation start= auto
    net start "LanmanWorkstation"

rem Server
    sc config LanmanServer start= auto
    net start "LanmanServer"

rem Routing and Remote Access
    sc config RemoteAccess start= auto
    net start "RemoteAccess"

rem Remote Procedure Call
    sc config RpcSs start= auto
    net start "RpcSs"

rem Function Discovery Provider Host
    sc config fdPHost start= auto
    net start "fdPHost"

rem Function Discovery Resource Publication
    sc config FDResPub start= auto
    net start "FDResPub"

rem SSDP Discovery
    sc config SSDPSRV start= auto
    net start "SSDPSRV"

rem TCP/IP Netbios Helper
    sc config lmhosts start= auto
    net start "lmhosts"

rem UPnP Device Host
    sc config upnphost start= auto
    net start "upnphost"

rem DNS Client
    sc config Dnscache start= auto
    net start "Dnscache"

rem Device Association Service
    sc config DeviceAssociationService start= auto
    net start "DeviceAssociationService"

rem Remote Registry
    sc config RemoteRegistry start=auto
    net start "RemoteRegistry"

Scanning to windows 10

Thumbs up Re: Scanning to windows 10

Thanks to all seniors, as I faced this problem today, in Bizhub C280 where scanning was failing to reach into the network folder (Windows 10). I have tried with smb v1 then v2 then ftp utility of KM, then I tried with filezilla server and many more special settings of windows 10. But the problem was not resolved. Finally I decided to load the firmware of C280.
    FW file name: "A0ED0Y0-F000-G00-D2".

After updating the complete firmware, restarted the machine and all the functions of smb and ftp worked majically.

So, After the 4 Hours long hactic excersise, I got the success with fw update.

ThankYou for all of you.