Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    consultation with the owner's manual Fiery!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    To my knowledge, there is no way to set defaults like you would on a windows driver.

I looked around on the knowledgebase, but could not find any reference to work around this, aside from specific instructions on how to input from Illustrator, which you already know.
    I can confirm this.

Typically how most Macs are setup by default is to use the user's "Last Used Settings." If you set it up to print using Account Track, exit all running programs, and use your "Last Used Settings" for printing, you shouldn't have any issues with this.

Alternatively, depending on the particular driver being used, I have had some success using the settings in CUPS to get the settings to stick.

If you're unfamiliar with this method, simply open up the web browser on the machine, type in We'll Have More Soon (or We'll Have More Soon) and play with the settings in there under "Manage Printers." If you are prompted for a username/password, simply use the credentials of the admin account on the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by rydmec View Post
    I have a Bizhub C451 that I can't print to from a Mac (OS 10.5) while using the account tracking (AT). I've tried using the driver specific to the C451 (ver 4.10) and it gives no option for AT user info in the printer properties. I’ve also tried using the driver for this series printer (ver 1.05). This gave me a check box for ID in the printer properties, but no place that I could see to enter the account info for tracking. I’ve been able to setup Windows based boxes to print just fine using the AT. If I’ve left out any needed info just ask and I’ll do what I can to get it. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly welcomed.

Some Tips from the SSD = (bizhub C550 - ALL ACTIVE SOLUTIONS - 2009)

Solution ID TAUS0900142EN*
    Description
    Is account tracking supported onMacintosh® O/S 10.5?
    Solution
    Account tracking is supported onMacintosh O/S 10.5.Additionally, the account track selection can be found in the COPIES AND PAGES pull down and then
    select OUTPUT METHOD.The account track and authentication screen will be present.
    SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Mark D'Attilio, Production Print/SSD

Other*****

Solution ID TAUS0702628EN*
    Description
    Can account tracking be migrated from a Microsoft® Windows 2003 server?
    Solution
    This is not possible to do with account tracking. In order for this to work, the MFP would have to authenticate with the server.

let me know if this really Works*********

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Chromatik's Avatar
    oK!!!!

Some clowns are upset by my answer !!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Chromatik's Avatar
    if case!!!

Tafirol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tafirol.com.ar

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    If you open your web browser on your Mac (Safari, Firefox, whatever), and type in "localhost:631" (no quotes, of course), you will see a a ton of settings that you can make on your installed drivers, including printing defaults. This takes you to the CUPS (Common UNIX Printing Services) interface.

I use this all the time to default color machines to default to B&W. Beats hacking the PPD, like I used to!!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    thanks for the tip Ken....I'll be sure try this next opportunity.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Some Tips from the SSD = (bizhub C550 - ALL ACTIVE SOLUTIONS - 2009)

Solution ID TAUS0900142EN*
    Description
    Is account tracking supported onMacintosh® O/S 10.5?
    Solution
    Account tracking is supported onMacintosh O/S 10.5.Additionally, the account track selection can be found in the COPIES AND PAGES pull down and then
    select OUTPUT METHOD.The account track and authentication screen will be present.
    SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Mark D'Attilio, Production Print/SSD

Other*****

Solution ID TAUS0702628EN*
    Description
    Can account tracking be migrated from a Microsoft® Windows 2003 server?
    Solution
    This is not possible to do with account tracking. In order for this to work, the MFP would have to authenticate with the server.

let me know if this really Works*********