Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Bizhub 25 colored lines/background when scanning (with samples)

Hi everyone, hoping for some help here. Print quality and scans in black and white are fine. When scanning in color I was getting random colored lines in a subscan direction, see sample. I replaced the whole optics section with a used section from another machine, and the colored lines remained. I did a "Set Background Level", and now color scans are getting a light blue background, but the lines are gone. In the sample you can see a white border, then the light blue starts. The samples are scans that were then printed on a different color machine. I tried to scan the samples, but the background did not come through. There is a "Make Color Gamma" process, but you need a color chart (product number 2007-01 or 20071020). My manager could not find this product to order. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

bizhub25_blue_background.jpgbizhub25_colored_background_lines.jpg

Re: Bizhub 25 colored lines/background when scanning (with samples)

Maybe a dumb ? but have you done user calibrations

There is a CCD replacement procedure in the manual i think.
    Whatever

bsm2,
    Thanks for the reply, another technician started this call, so I am assuming he would have tried this, but I am not personally familiar with any user calibrations in this machine. I may have to download the user manual and check there.

Allan,
    Thanks for the reply, there are scanner disassembly procedures on page 271 of the Service Manual, but it is only concerning the physical removal of the unit, it mentions no adjustments etc.

I contacted Konica Minolta today. The official word is that although this machine is supported, the chart I need is no longer available. The Konica Minolta rep recommended I put the original optics unit back in the machine, as the one from the donor machine is not calibrated for this Bizhub 25. This may be my only option left.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giddyupngo View Post
    bsm2,
    Thanks for the reply, another technician started this call, so I am assuming he would have tried this, but I am not personally familiar with any user calibrations in this machine. I may have to download the user manual and check there.

Allan,
    Thanks for the reply, there are scanner disassembly procedures on page 271 of the Service Manual, but it is only concerning the physical removal of the unit, it mentions no adjustments etc.

I contacted Konica Minolta today. The official word is that although this machine is supported, the chart I need is no longer available. The Konica Minolta rep recommended I put the original optics unit back in the machine, as the one from the donor machine is not calibrated for this Bizhub 25. This may be my only option left.
    Thanks
    Then assume nothing was done correctly. Start from scratch and check everything. Usually it's the easily stuff that was over looked.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

silly question, but did the lines appear when scanning via the ADF AND also when scanning on the platen glass? or did it only happen when scanning via the ADF?? if you're unsure, put everything back to the way it was when you found it and find out

believe it or not, coloured lines appearing on scans is usually just a dirty slit glass!!! just a tiny speck barely visible to the human eye can do this - clean it thoroughly (use Silvo polish to be sure - dunno if you have that in your country, but it is a polish for silver-ware)

if the slit glass shows severe scuffing from paper going over it, this can refract light and give erroneous coloured lines - turn it around

Te DF hinges on these crack and break lifting the rear of the DF.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Te DF hinges on these crack and break lifting the rear of the DF.
    I would hope that the person checked scanning OFF THE GLASS as well as through the ADF...? Also, why would they have this phenomenon only on color scanning, but not black?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    I would hope that the person checked scanning OFF THE GLASS as well as through the ADF...? Also, why would they have this phenomenon only on color scanning, but not black?
    clean optics

Thanks everyone. The lines are not there anymore, just a light blue background. I did clean the glass personally, and I don't think dirty glass could cause a light blue background covering nearly the whole page. I did not try scanning in color off the glass, that is a good idea. Right now the manager is deciding what to do. Have a good weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk