Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Wrong toner indicator bizhub 227

Hi,

I had read some posts here in the forum about the toner indicator. From what I understand, they do not have a sensor but measure the number of toner rotations to define the amount left.

I have a customer with a bizhub C227, monitored with CSRC. For about 3 months the black toner is stuck at 2% while the color level changes regularly.

I honestly do not know what the customer has done with the toner. They told me that they forgot to order it once and they kept shaking it to keep the printer going.

Always 3 months ago, after putting the new toner to me in the CSRC indicates 2%. For me it is not a big deal but I wanted to know if there is a way to remove this freezing.

See you soon

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Wrong toner indicator bizhub 227

Okay what I have done in the past which may not be as per any book method but I remove the toner bottle and run halftone test patterns until the machine stops and asks for that color I put the new bottle back in and the toner gauge goes up to full hope that works for you
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

you can reset the toners to 100%, in enhanced security mode, then turn on engine dipswitch 34 for K, 33 for C 32 for M and 31 for Y
    See tech bulletin TAGB1600062EN
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

I see this (annoying) behaviour all the time. It usually happens when the toner bottle is replaced too soon.
    We just let it run till it actually runs out of toner (which can take a while if the toner was actually changed to a new one).

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Okay what I have done in the past which may not be as per any book method but I remove the toner bottle and run halftone test patterns until the machine stops and asks for that color I put the new bottle back in and the toner gauge goes up to full hope that works for you
    That's the way I do it, but I am still interested to know about that tech bulletin TAGB1600062EN".

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Nevertheless, this also requires visit at the client site. Definitely worth to find another solution.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by embedded View Post
    I see this (annoying) behaviour all the time. It usually happens when the toner bottle is replaced too soon.
    We just let it run till it actually runs out of toner (which can take a while if the toner was actually changed to a new one).
    It is my way, too.

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Technician

Hello, everyone. I have many copiers in Bizhub service 280 / 227 / c227 and I have the same problems with the toner feed before displaying the toner refilling on the display. The graphic symbol remains very low but the device works perfectly. There's something you can do about it, a kind of reset for that graphic symbol to come back at 100%. I've been looking for that service bulletin TAGB1600062EN but I can't find him. Can someone help me in this problem or with this service bulletin????

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Engine DipSW from 29-32

Technician

Thank you very much for the prompt response and that is of real benefit to us. Is there anything similar to the copies of the bizhub 364 / c364 series ??? I look forward to your response.