Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BizHub C554 paper jam at fuser exit

Re: BizHub C554 paper jam at fuser exit

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Check the gray roller in the unit at the top of the side door isnt tight to turn - it destroys the clutch that drives it (inside the fusing drive unit)

You may also notice iron oxide accumulation dropping out of this clutch, visible on the fusing drive disengagement finger at the rear side of the second transfer door.

The bushings are a regular point of lubrication on all machines of this engine style, along with the registration bushings.

Fortunately the clutch is easy to change in the 554 without having to remove the fusing drive unit.

Paper will be accordion jamming at fuser exit when this is the issue.
    What lube are you using on the bearings? Haven't really found one that lasts? My go to is a dry ptfe. I can't find anything that will take the heat of the fusing unit and the paper dust at the registration.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by printprocc View Post
    Thank you 3ktlc! I went thru that entire section and made sure everything was moving easily and properly...I am further investigating cl8! I have a feeling that is where my troubles are but have another machine im working on that is desperately needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I did all that and it still jams.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    Can I steal that PDF from you? Had a CL8 in my car for a while and looks like I'll need it on an upcoming call. Its a 554 but figure it'll be practically the same. Expecting a ton of rust
    Check your PMs.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Check your PMs.
    Hello I am also experiencing the same problem on a C554E almost certainly it is the cl8 full of rust. You can pass the PDF in private thank you very much

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ferro10 View Post
    Hello I am also experiencing the same problem on a C554E almost certainly it is the cl8 full of rust. You can pass the PDF in private thank you very much
    PM sent.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Check your PMs.
    thank you

Hello. Can I also ask for this pdf because I am waiting for the replacement of cl8 in C554e ... Thank you in advance

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamilosio123 View Post
    Hello. Can I also ask for this pdf because I am waiting for the replacement of cl8 in C554e ... Thank you in advance
    I send you in private what I have

Quote Originally Posted by ferro10 View Post
    I send you in private what I have

​Hello! Unfortunately, I have a similar problem (Few J32-05 per day) . The standard procedure for replacing the CL8 clutch makes me sad; any little help would be greatly appreciated. Could I also request a PDF? Thank you very much!

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by printprocc View Post
    Recently replaced the fuser unit due to degraded heat roller. Dropped in new fuser and the machine ran fine for roughly 100 clicks (letter size) then jammed at the fuser exit. Several attempts using different weight and size paper have all failed. The paper seems fine within the fuser and the image is fused properly, it just wont transfer to the next section for completion. Not getting an error code either. It seems as though the transfer section isn't being actuated but I can't really be sure.

Paul
    I cant say that i ever really totally solved this problem. Its a really horrible jam problem on all these models. Make sure you take a close look at the sensor and flag assembly inside that duplexer/turnaround unit thats mounted on the right side door. Play with it and make sure that flag isnt sticky. Its also a real bear to replace it. If your creative you can do it without ever taking that door off. Sometimes you might break the photo sensor trying to pull the connector lose and thus i always order extra flags and sensors. So far i had that flag problem (actuator black plastic) on the Biz C368 models. Also, the Biz C554 is getting to be a really old machine im thinking.