Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Question Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Hello,
    I'm not tech, but I can make my way around software/hardware issues.
    My machine have FS-535, SD-512, PK-521, and FAX (that I would maybe like to disable/remove if it's possible).

    First I had problem C E-004
    Because manual stated that it could be DIMM or board failure, and Konica wanted too much money to fix it, I started with holding reset on boot.
    That did not work so i went with - STOP 00 STOP 01.
    First I run diagnostic, everything's fine.
    Reset everything that I think of. I even needed to put new admin password on with STOP 0 C after that.

    I removed the HDD, formatted it - check for errors on windows 7 machine - that's fine.
    Then I put it in the machine, and I format it there (machine prompt me to do so).

    Now I have problem C D-012
    ATTENTION1
    Preparing Scan/Fax...
    Preparing User Box...
    No Animation Guide available. Contact your service rep.

    If anyone can help with this, would be great.
    Maybe latest Firmware, Animation Guide files (if they are needed)...
    I really don't know - Magic USB stick that fix everything will do

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,709
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Quote Originally Posted by zstekovic View Post
    Hello,
    I'm not tech, but I can make my way around software/hardware issues.
    My machine have FS-535, SD-512, PK-521, and FAX (that I would maybe like to disable/remove if it's possible).

    First I had problem C E-004
    Because manual stated that it could be DIMM or board failure, and Konica wanted too much money to fix it, I started with holding reset on boot.
    That did not work so i went with - STOP 00 STOP 01.
    First I run diagnostic, everything's fine.
    Reset everything that I think of. I even needed to put new admin password on with STOP 0 C after that.

    I removed the HDD, formatted it - check for errors on windows 7 machine - that's fine.
    Then I put it in the machine, and I format it there (machine prompt me to do so).

    Now I have problem C D-012
    ATTENTION1
    Preparing Scan/Fax...
    Preparing User Box...
    No Animation Guide available. Contact your service rep.

    If anyone can help with this, would be great.
    Maybe latest Firmware, Animation Guide files (if they are needed)...
    I really don't know - Magic USB stick that fix everything will do
    Wow you’ve really gone to town with this machine.

    A simple firware update may have resolved your initial error, now sounds like you created more issues for yourself. The preparing messages should only be temporally, the no animation message is because you formatted the hdd however you can ignore this message for now.

    The CD-012 error you now have is because the HDD is not logically formatted.
    Try replacing with a new one or do a logical format in service mode.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Thank you for your replay, I will try this... and yes, I went to town and back after Konica told me price to fix it.
    Then I found out about this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Wow you’ve really gone to town with this machine.

    A simple firware update may have resolved your initial error, now sounds like you created more issues for yourself. The preparing messages should only be temporally, the no animation message is because you formatted the hdd however you can ignore this message for now.

    The CD-012 error you now have is because the HDD is not logically formatted.

    Try replacing with a new one or do a logical format in service mode.
    I will try this, but machine is beeping at me, so I will need windows of opportunity to go to service menu STOP 00 STOP 01.
    Does anyone have new firmware and files that I need (I'm dumbass so... )?
    I even have 2GB drive...

    Thanks!

    UPDATE: it's formatting. What next is the question?

    UPDATE 2: Konica Minolta BizHub C654e - Google Photos
    Last edited by zstekovic; 11-14-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Update - photos

  4. #4
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,565
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Joy hopefully...
    Whatever

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Joy hopefully...
    Yea... but no!

    I'm in service menu, but for some reason it would not let me test following stuff:
    DSC Bus Check
    HDD R/W Check
    SSD>HDD Data Copy

    Formatting disk works. Physical and Logical.

    UPDATE: Still same error C D012

    UPDATE 2:
    I found something on forum so... how to do that?
    bizbub c654e Error C-D012
    + Anyone here has service manual? (PDF)
    Last edited by zstekovic; 11-15-2018 at 02:09 AM.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Quote Originally Posted by zstekovic View Post
    Yea... but no!

    I'm in service menu, but for some reason it would not let me test following stuff:
    DSC Bus Check
    HDD R/W Check
    SSD>HDD Data Copy

    Formatting disk works. Physical and Logical.

    UPDATE: Still same error C D012

    UPDATE 2:
    I found something on forum so... how to do that?
    bizbub c654e Error C-D012
    + Anyone here has service manual? (PDF)
    I'd try a new HDD just to be safe. Konica use the most budget ones. I changed one yesterday and I didn't even recognise the brand

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    I will try that, but this is HDD that was in it and worked perfectly until now, checked it on PC for bad sectors/errors/SMART - all excellent.
    3 days that I had machine (just bought it... worked 3 days, and die - she printed 160k letter size prints in 3 years at previous owner.
    I don't want it scraped, can be useful in my little studio.

    What's the max HDD size for those machines?

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Sometimes my posts don't show... weird...

    Thank you for suggestion, I will try this.
    What's recommended size of the HDD for this machine?

    I bought it 5 days ago, worked perfectly for 2, and now this...
    160K letter size prints on her in 3 years, practically new.

    Also if someone wan't to work on it for reasonable price around Renton WA area, I'm interested in paying for repair - I don't wan't see it scraped.

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3

    Unhappy Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    I just put new HDD in it, still same error. I think this needed to be done:
    bizbub c654e Error C-D012

    But I do not know how.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,098
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Konica Minolta C654e - Install everything from ground up... C D-012

    Upgrade the Firmware. Don't know how much is to call a tech to do this, shouldn't be a fortune.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here