Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Lightbulb Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

bizhub 287/367

Transfer roller unit life is not yet expired but its ends are damaging the coating of drum unit from one side. The other end is perfect. One end is like scratched due to friction. Total counter is just 90K+
    Strange for me. There is no reason of transfer roller damage without over life. DV tank looks good. Spacer is not out of the bearing. working fine. When i move drum manually it moves smoothly not even hard.

Transfer roller is properly seated.
    Observed this fault in 2 different models.

any technical reason with solution prior replacement.

Pics attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

Looks like classic drum to developing unit damage due to worn spacers/roll guides. If you are sure dev unit is good replace drum and transfer roller together.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

Agree about the Dev spacer. Very common and always happens on the rear where all the pressure is with the gears. You can get a new style that has a bearing inside the collar. Or just buy a new Dev unit. They aren't very expensive.

Been cutting transfer roller springs on the 283 machines to reduce the pressure of those stupid prongs on the transfer roller assay.
    Its a piece of plastic running against the drum. Even been cutting the inner one clean off. By clean i mean with a carpet knife so there is no sharp corners.
    Both tricks seems to work.

Then some machines have it and others don't. May be its how those parts come together.
    Squaring up the hinges, look for bent stuff.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    bizhub 287/367

Transfer roller unit life is not yet expired but its ends are damaging the coating of drum unit from one side. The other end is perfect. One end is like scratched due to friction. Total counter is just 90K+
    Strange for me. There is no reason of transfer roller damage without over life. DV tank looks good. Spacer is not out of the bearing. working fine. When i move drum manually it moves smoothly not even hard.

Transfer roller is properly seated.
    Observed this fault in 2 different models.

any technical reason with solution prior replacement.

Pics attached.
    Maybe it's just an optical delusion ... but the end with the gear looks kinda bent. Or maybe my one eye is just a little off center. ??? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thank you everyone for sharing knowledge and experiences.

i will replace drum unit and transfer roller for sure but what is the reason or cause of damage? if i will not fix that the new parts will get damage too before completing life as you can see in pic. transfer roller life is 20% remaining and total counter is 96000.while the life of drum unit is 110k and transfer roller unit life is 150k.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

287 does not have a transfer roller that touchs drum. it touches tranfer belt. if its a 262 363 then remove some of the transfer roller spacers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

the damage has nothing to do with transfer roller. the material is too soft to damage the drum. i have seen this on toshiba rather konica minolta and has to do with worn spacers between drum and developer. change dev unit among the drum and i think you will be ok.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Thank you everyone for sharing knowledge and experiences.

i will replace drum unit and transfer roller for sure but what is the reason or cause of damage? if i will not fix that the new parts will get damage too before completing life as you can see in pic. transfer roller life is 20% remaining and total counter is 96000.while the life of drum unit is 110k and transfer roller unit life is 150k.
    You already have the answer, replace the rear dev collar or complete dev unit.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangr View Post
    the damage has nothing to do with transfer roller. the material is too soft to damage the drum. i have seen this on toshiba rather konica minolta and has to do with worn spacers between drum and developer. change dev unit among the drum and i think you will be ok.
    If it is Dev spacer not transfer roller ends then it should not be damage from here as in picture. Transfer roller touches the drum right at this point not the spacers. I have checked it. Spacers are fine. I cannot change the developer tank. It is not that simple. If it is spacer which is faulty then why should i replace whole developer tank. The life of tank is 590K. and you cannot get spacers only.