Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C353 Shadowing

Technician

C353 Shadowing

I have a C353 (458k) that's shadowing. It effects black most predominately but if I look close I can see it on other colors. I have replace the fuser and black drum. I also increased the fusing temp. Still happening.

Question 1) Are these transfer belts known to shadow? It seems illogical, I'd expect streaks from a bad blade...

Question 2) Any known issues with fuser retraction failing on these devices?

Thanks kindly.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

Re: C353 Shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorError View Post
    I have a C353 (458k) that's shadowing. It effects black most predominately but if I look close I can see it on other colors. I have replace the fuser and black drum. I also increased the fusing temp. Still happening.
    Question 1) Are these transfer belts known to shadow? It seems illogical, I'd expect streaks from a bad blade...
    Question 2) Any known issues with fuser retraction failing on these devices?
    Thanks kindly.
    well the thing(s) I would like to know is/are:
    Pages on Dev Unit?
    have you CLEANED the paper path?
    Genuine OEM toner/drums?
    Life count on BELT?
    PM's done properly and on TIME?
    any error codes?

I understand the jump to the drum.. why fuser?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Some attached scanned sample would be good too...
    If i remember good this machine have imaging units (drum and developer all together) and its very expensive now.
    So you probably replace only non oem drum?
    What toner you use,OEM or not?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Some attached scanned sample would be good too...
    If i remember good this machine have imaging units (drum and developer all together) and its very expensive now.
    So you probably replace only non oem drum?
    What toner you use,OEM or not?
    The toner and drum are OEM. The drum and dev are the same, yes.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well the thing(s) I would like to know is/are:
    Pages on Dev Unit?
    have you CLEANED the paper path?
    Genuine OEM toner/drums?
    Life count on BELT?
    PM's done properly and on TIME?
    any error codes?

I understand the jump to the drum.. why fuser?
    If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.

I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried. This is a forum to share problems and kick around ideas. I had a couple of questions, that's all.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.
    I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried. This is a forum to share problems and kick around ideas. I had a couple of questions, that's all.
    Wow.......

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

[QUOTE=OperatorError;725425]If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.

*** UNTRUE when people give the info WE (not just asking for me) need I try to help... Notice the likes/thanks rep power. THAT doesn't come from treating people like you SAY I do.***

I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried.
    *** Untrue AGAIN.. this is your OP:....

so as ALL can see you never: mentioned the page counts on items you replaced ..
    "Shadowing" is MOST times as an image of the text ..kinda offset some.. HAZING/BACKGROUND is total covering *light/dark* over entire page.
    Fusers TYPICALLY GHOST/repet images .. not Background (again no pictures)

MOST times ALL techs here request:
    Page Counts Total and on consumables
    PICTURES of the PQ/CQ issues
    OEM/non supplies used
    Done/not done
    and MAYBE an explanation of WHY parts were replaced ( since no page counts were given)

YOU asked for help with OUT providing most of that information.. HENCE some queries .. no problem I will no longer lend my knowledge of 31+ years to your issues.

C353 Shadowing

so as ALL can see you never: mentioned the page counts on items you replaced ..
    "Shadowing" is MOST times as an image of the text ..kinda offset some.. HAZING/BACKGROUND is total covering *light/dark* over entire page.
    Fusers TYPICALLY GHOST/repet images .. not Background (again no pictures)
    Right, exactly! I agree

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

I once saw a bulletin stating the transfer roller can cause issues like this. Try replacing it.

C353 Shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorError View Post

Wow! is right. You come on here asking for help and this is the attitude you give? This is the fastest way NOT to get help here. Yes Phil is tough because some "techs" come on this forum unprepared, stupid questions, etc. Almost expect us to repair their machine! Many times they are end users pretending to be techs.

Do yourself a favor before posting on this forum, exhaust all avenues, Service manual, bulletins, Google. Then if you still need to post list everything you did so far, attach samples, etc.

By the way I know why Phil asked about the fuser, I have worked on 100's of the "3" series and never had a fuser "shadow" so that is why he asked. Maybe it was a question unrelated to the shadowing in that case should start a new thread with that question.

Anyway you received some good advice here. What you describe could only be caused by Image unit, Transfer belt or Transfer roller. My guess is transfer belt. As for the fuser question. No,fuser retraction malfunction is not common and if happens will throw code.
    Last edited by copyman; 02-02-2019 at 05:30 PM.