Technician

Konica Minolta c450

Hello everyone!

I just purchased an old and quite cheap refurbished photocopier from a local shop for personal use. Everything is just fine only the scan to smb is not working. I cannot see SMB anywhere. I have googled it and read that it scans to FTP and HDD only. I wish i could use smb scanning if it is possible. It also hangs at startup sometimes. The seller is telling it is discontinued model and the problem is related to its software or firmware. He doesn't have firmware. after searching on the internet i found this forum. I will be glad if anyone can share its relevant firmware so that i use this machine with ease. Email is mentioned below.

Thanks

tenchvi@yahoo.com

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta c450

Re: Konica Minolta c450

did you create an address book entry for a shared folder on your network?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta c450

Yes it is correct machine is quite old and no longer supported by Kon/Min. Sold new back in 2005.

It is quite possible SMB is not an option. May have to use FTP or scan to email only. Also there are issues with Office 365 and the older machines.

The "latest" & "newest" Firmware is: 8/1/2007 38.29 MB 4037-F000-G00-K0-000(00) CHECKSUM-3883.EXE Release Notes: C450, C450P Firmware version Ko (Phase 3.05)

If you make a small donation to this site and PM me your email I will send it to you.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta c450

its smb enabled.
    there is no button for smb, just create an address book entry to a shared folder on the network with the appropriate permissions.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    did you create an address book entry for a shared folder on your network?
    After research on the internet i found that for FTP there should be an FTP application running on PC and i have shared a folder but its not working.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yes it is correct machine is quite old and no longer supported by Kon/Min. Sold new back in 2005.

It is quite possible SMB is not an option. May have to use FTP or scan to email only. Also there are issues with Office 365 and the older machines.

The "latest" & "newest" Firmware is: 8/1/2007 38.29 MB 4037-F000-G00-K0-000(00) CHECKSUM-3883.EXE Release Notes: C450, C450P Firmware version Ko (Phase 3.05)

If you make a small donation to this site and PM me your email I will send it to you.
    Thank you copyman. The link you provided is down. When i click this shows up :403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Can you please email or provide the working link. Many Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    After research on the internet i found that for FTP there should be an FTP application running on PC and i have shared a folder but its not working.
    Download and install Konica Minolta FTPutility make sure it ask for permission to allow thru firewall and allow or set the firewall rule by adding the app.
    Now set printer to use anonymous and enter PC IP where the app is installed. I would recommend setting that PC's address to static.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Download and install Konica Minolta FTPutility make sure it ask for permission to allow thru firewall and allow or set the firewall rule by adding the app.
    Now set printer to use anonymous and enter PC IP where the app is installed. I would recommend setting that PC's address to static.
    I second that. Don't bother dealing with SMB on a machine of this age. FTP is all you need.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta c450

Sorry that was not working link because it is from the dealer website which is passworded. I was just providing the latest firmware # for you to check vs what's on machine now and also show how old the "latest" FW is. It probably already has the "latest" FW. Did you check?