Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    new driver layout

new driver layout

Whats everyone think of the new drivers U.I?

I just installed using latestest Universal drivers and it look totally different. even the printer icon looks like a model i have never seen.

ive worked with KM for about 8 years and this is the only driver refresh in regards to the UI i have seen.

normally when i do a upgrade i dont even need to show customer the driver since its never changed but this was first time.

I told them if they dont like it after a week i can install the model specific C458 driver.

Must be a sign of some big changes, im guessing the new models touch screen layout will probaly be different again

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: new driver layout

Installed on office machine for future play with it.
    For now new Universal driver looks like Win8(tablet view). Don't like them both.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    new driver layout

just very curious, why in the world would anyone use the universal driver when the correct model specific drivers are free?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, out of curiosity I have just downloaded the universal drivers but they seem to me the same as always.

Where did you download them?

nb. watch out for universal drivers. It has happened to me in the past that caused printing slowdowns or problems when authentication is configured.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Ok found,
    Maybe you downloaded Universal Printer Driver V4
    It seems that it tries to adapt to the new Windows layouts.

However I have seen the update date. Strangely, the last update is in January while the classic universal drivers are updated in March.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    new driver layout

If you are working with a Windows 10 PC, be careful that Microsoft did not automatically download their new Universal V4 driver and not the Konica Minolta original driver.

I work on Toshiba copiers and this new driver from Microsoft drove me nuts until I figured out what was happening.

If the colour scheme and layout is all different from what you are used to, you are probably looking at the Microsoft Universal V4 driver.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If you are working with a Windows 10 PC, be careful that Microsoft did not automatically download their new Universal V4 driver and not the Konica Minolta original driver.

I work on Toshiba copiers and this new driver from Microsoft drove me nuts until I figured out what was happening.

If the colour scheme and layout is all different from what you are used to, you are probably looking at the Microsoft Universal V4 driver.
    The amount of times I've seen this happen, I'm constantly having to "educate" IT people to untick "query the printer and automatically select the driver to use", the amount of customers who can't use "account track/user authentication" or various other things are missing ,as the IT bod has been too lazy to do it properly
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    new driver layout

This driver layout is similar to op panel next gen konicas that will be released soon

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    new driver layout

Quote Originally Posted by arahael View Post
    This driver layout is similar to op panel next gen konicas that will be released soon
    yeah thats what i guessed. The touch screens on new models is completly different from pictures ive seen.

I like the universal driver never had a problem for years. Im told the older universal driver was crap back prior to 4 series. Plus universal driver has more admin features.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

why woulkd you use these crappy drivers. you should use pcl or ps. last time i looked they were missing functions on universal driver. i have never installed them.