Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: BZ C3350 random C-E301

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    So what did you do to fix ?
    Looking back at my notes I replaced the HDD, they have not called back about it. That was nearly 4 months ago. It never happened enough to really worry about, just a minor annoyance to the customer having to reboot the machine randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Looking back at my notes I replaced the HDD, they have not called back about it. That was nearly 4 months ago. It never happened enough to really worry about, just a minor annoyance to the customer having to reboot the machine randomly.
    Update...

They just called about it.. I still suspect network or some corrupted print data is the cause, but I don't know. The company is currently working to get them into a different machine since the contract is coming up soon.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    BZ C3350 random C-E301

I would simply reformat the HDD... that fixes many bugs on these machines for me. You may also have an SSD issue as well, because there's been quite a few failures of those things as well, across the smaller KM line...
    OC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

once firmware has been update we usually find its due to the types of files that the customer are printing. To test we turn machine off disconnect network cable and turn machine back on. the code usually disappears. We then reconnect network cable and usually if the job is still in the que the fault comes back. Some of the clients are expecting these little machines to perform like the bigger machine. Wanting champagne at beer prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    once firmware has been update we usually find its due to the types of files that the customer are printing. To test we turn machine off disconnect network cable and turn machine back on. the code usually disappears. We then reconnect network cable and usually if the job is still in the que the fault comes back. Some of the clients are expecting these little machines to perform like the bigger machine. Wanting champagne at beer prices.
    Agreed.

Actually installed the expansion memory into the empty RAM slot recently and waiting to see if this will actually help the machine process data better.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    BZ C3350 random C-E301

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Agreed.

Actually installed the expansion memory into the empty RAM slot recently and waiting to see if this will actually help the machine process data better.
    I hope you don't get frozen copiers from installing the expansion memory. I had to remove the expansion memory of multiple c3350s, c3351s, c3851fs models due to frozen copiers, after Konica recommended replacing expansion memory, HDD,MFPB and the issue was not resolved we ended up taking off the extra memory and no callbacks since. We are lucky none of our customers use or even know anything about i-option.

Technician

Have 2 C3350 had same problem,it fixed after replaced SSD

Technician

Get back to network speed or change from Auto to 100 full or half duplex.

Technician

I have a C3350 that sometimes says "Service Call!" on the screen but no error code. I just formattet HDD, set network to 100 full duplex and ordered SSD. Will update when I know results.