Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 Movie Data

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 Movie Data

without a contributor badge all they get is static
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    without a contributor badge all they get is static
    I hear you and it's great to help contributors and I use to only help them, but as I've posted before without moderation I don't recommend anyone become a member of this website!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I hear you and it's great to help contributors and I use to only help them, but as I've posted before without moderation I don't recommend anyone become a member of this website!
    If you find the way CTN is run not to your liking maybe you should setup your own ' tech site ' and leave here, frankly I'm tired of listening to the same old shit from you.
    Synth is providing what people need for FREE unlike another user that charges $29+ usd for his firmware.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phil B.; 01-24-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    If you find the way CTN is run, maybe you should setup your own ' tech site ' and leave here, frankly I'm tired of listening to the same old shit from you.
    Synth is providing what people need for FREE unlike another user that charges $29+ usd for his firmware.

Agree Synt is The Man. What I disagree about with CT is charging other techs for FW. Endusers I don't mind.
    As for CTN excluding politics (normally outside tech forums) site in most parts is running astonishing well.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Agree Synt is The Man. What I disagree about with CT is charging other techs for FW. Endusers I don't mind.
    As for CTN excluding politics (normally outside tech forums) site in most parts is running astonishing well.
    I agree brother.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

When I worked for a small copier dealership we had no manufacturer support so I relied on people like the late Paul from JustManuals to supply firmware & service manuals for what cost peanuts especially as once the manual was purchased it was mine to keep. Same with the firmware I used it on multiple machines.

When I worked for a small copier dealership we had no manufacturer support so I relied on people like the late Paul from JustManuals to supply firmware & service manuals for a minimal fee.

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Yes selling copyrighted material is a crime!

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    When I worked for a small copier dealership we had no manufacturer support so I relied on people like the late Paul from JustManuals to supply firmware & service manuals for what cost peanuts especially as once the manual was purchased it was mine to keep. Same with the firmware I used it on multiple machines.

When I worked for a small copier dealership we had no manufacturer support so I relied on people like the late Paul from JustManuals to supply firmware & service manuals for a minimal fee.

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Yes I remember Paul (God rest his soul) I traded with him and he got most of his Kon/Min manuals, etc from me. I never had to pay.

Paul was banned from every other tech forum except CTN for selling copyrighted material. The rule with these other 3 or 4 forums was techs NEVER pay another tech for material. It worked great with techs helping each other for free. No donations with 2 of them, Smarka accepted donations. One even had an FTP site with all free manuals for certain members.
    Miss those "private" sites. Some of the best techs on earth helping each other! NO politics, NO ego's allowed! Just plain and simple, techs helping other techs!
    I guess they should of asked for donations and maybe they would still be up and running, LOL

Added after: You are providing a service that helps other techs, and some end users so you deserve to be paid for the service not the copyrighted material. Your time is worth something to catalog, send F/W, etc, etc. Not sure what you charge but probably not that much.
    Last edited by copyman; 01-25-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

[mini thread hijack]

after being on and running forums i just hate to see hit and runs once they get what they need so if you drop a buck or five to the website at least you showed your appreciation.
    that makes it worth my time and energy in assisting your digital needs.
    i get nothing out of it, [except overwhelming kudos from you guys] this is just my personality.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    [mini thread hijack]

after being on and running forums i just hate to see hit and runs once they get what they need so if you drop a buck or five to the website at least you showed your appreciation.
    that makes it worth my time and energy in assisting your digital needs.
    i get nothing out of it, [except overwhelming kudos from you guys] this is just my personality.
    I agree with most everything but if they are paying for the firmware why would they donate here?

As for donating to this site if it was moderated as a "copier technician website" there would be a lot more paying members. But as long as that junk is allowed on the home page people will hit and run!
    Actually out of all fairness I haven't seen the home page in over a year but can only imagine the political crap is still going on?

Let's face it the regulars wouldn't be here if we didn't like helping others and how it makes us feel. Every "good" technician I know likes to help others with their knowledge. It's just the nature of being a "true" technician....Thanks again to all who have helped me over the years