Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C364 32-01 exit jam

Re: C364 32-01 exit jam

I replaced the entire assembly from a donor machine and it has worked fine ever since. I didn’t have time to try each individual part, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kaufmann View Post
    If you replaced the assembly, do you recall if the new one was any different on the gate, or just on the actuator (using the A7PU890800 Holding Part modification on the solenoid actuator).

The reason I ask: all of the fixes of this longstanding [at least: 4, 4e and 8 series] problem deal with the actuator, while the problem appears to originate in the exit gate fingers ("Guide Lever" A5C1890401). As noted in the attached pic, the exit curve is approximated by three straight segments, and jams seem to occur always at the inflection point between the first and second segment, which the leading edge of paper or cardstock hits. The 2mm stop on the solenoid plunger changes the angle of that second segment enough to make it more forgiving (a close compromise: adding much more to the stop would constrict entry to the exit assembly). Presumably the other mods do the same. [I have not studied how the A7PU890800 actuator mod actually works.]

To summarize those fixes, in order of increasing hardware cost (and decreasing labor cost):
    1. 2mm solenoid plunger stop, introduced in 2016 via KBA01500433.
    2. Change in spring tension / modified spring, introduced in (?).
    3. A7PU890800 Holding Part, introduced in 2018, which modifies the solenoid actuator.
    4. A161R72644 Solenoid Assembly (original assembly modified with A7PU890800), introduced in 2018.
    5. A7PUR75400 Paper Exit Assembly.

Is that last (5) the part number you used? Does it have a modification of the original Guide Lever to make the fingers curved, rather than straight line segments? - or does it just rely on the updated actuator to avoid jams?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C364 32-01 exit jam

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    I replaced the entire assembly from a donor machine and it has worked fine ever since. I didn’t have time to try each individual part, sorry.
    Thanks for getting back on that question. I have a machine that's still not reliably duplexing heavy cardstock, so may do that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C364 32-01 exit jam

in my 30 years I have never seen any machine duplex card stock reliably

QUOTE=John Kaufmann;1489097]Thanks for getting back on that question. I have a machine that's still not reliably duplexing heavy cardstock, so may do that.[/QUOTE]