Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C308 weird color registration/ print head problem

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    Take apart PH Unit and gently clean up polygon mirror, and SOS sensor. PH Unit is not hermetically sealed, so polygon grabs a lot of dust, and C308 is surprisingly sensitive to this problem.
    I find this series pretty stable - we refurb them regulary and I always perform full page test patterns with different densities for each color to check if theres a need to clean the laser - usually it's looking fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    Take apart PH Unit and gently clean up polygon mirror, and SOS sensor. PH Unit is not hermetically sealed, so polygon grabs a lot of dust, and C308 is surprisingly sensitive to this problem.
    You were absolutely right.As I told before, I've cleaned PH unit already but today, when I inspected it again, It came out, that I've missed one side of polygon mirror(added picture).

After cleaning it, everything works fine. We did many tests and printed about 1K color pages. There is no need to replace ph unit and that is very good news
    Attached Images Attached Images

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Anyone else has this problem with minced up colour image which can also spread across multiple pages - I've seen it plenty.

It can also accompany the 9202 blank pages jam.

Removing and inserting the PH will be a coincidence, because the real cause is touched in this process.

It's most often the reseating of the connections on the front relay board that fixes it, or replacement of this board. This board can also be corrupted by the (frequent) spillage of the waste toner by imbeciles.