Field Service Supervisor

Bizhub C3110, 0094 error, can't figure out

KM Bizhub C3110 from a very dusty industrial environment. Started coding 0094 Machine Failure back in Feb. Initially we cleaned the laser glass under all the img units and probably appeared to go away, but not for long. Machine was placed on hold until 3 weeks ago when customer decided they wanted it fixed and ASAP. Since then I have replaced:

IDC sensor
    actuator (connected to IDC sensor)
    2nd transfer pressure solenoid (SD2 in manual)

Still getting the code, as well as Misfeed 2nd Trans Unit which is the guide beneath the transfer belt where the IDC sensor is.

Now looking like I'll need to replace the M2 transport motor. I'm not really feeling confident this will fix it at this point.

Any other possible suggestions? I did download and read the 0094 Bizhub C35 solution (why I replaced the actuator).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C3110, 0094 error, can't figure out

I don't know about a C3110 but on the C35 I used to replace the entire transport assembly on the right door.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Make sure the sync rollers rotate very easily. If not, lube all four bushings with a drop of Tri-Flow or something similar. When the sync rollers don't turn easily, there can be enough of a delay in the 2nd transfer assy movement to cause the code. I've dealt with MANY C35 and C3110 machines with the same issue and fixed it by just lubing the sync bushings. So now, no matter what I'm on the service call for on these machines, I'll check to make sure the sync rollers turn easily.

I've always been able to fix this code on every machine that it has appeared on, without replacing parts.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Service Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Make sure the sync rollers rotate very easily. If not, lube all four bushings with a drop of Tri-Flow or something similar. When the sync rollers don't turn easily, there can be enough of a delay in the 2nd transfer assy movement to cause the code. I've dealt with MANY C35 and C3110 machines with the same issue and fixed it by just lubing the sync bushings. So now, no matter what I'm on the service call for on these machines, I'll check to make sure the sync rollers turn easily.

I've always been able to fix this code on every machine that it has appeared on, without replacing parts.
    You mean the registration rollers?

Quote Originally Posted by Netghost56 View Post
    You mean the registration rollers?
    Yep. They were called sync rollers at least a decade before they were called registration rollers when I started on Minolta machines in 1988. So, that's what I still call them. I guess I need to change my ways around here so the young whippersnappers know what I'm talking about. Duly noted.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Service Supervisor

Yep. They were called sync rollers at least a decade before they were called registration rollers when I started on Minolta machines in 1988. So, that's what I still call them. I guess I need to change my ways around here so the young whippersnappers know what I'm talking about. Duly noted.
    LOL No offense intended. This is where I'm at: (UPDATE: can't insert image apparently)

I've pulled all the gears on the transport unit and cleaned them, as well as the bushings around the shafts. The registration roller doesn't appear to turn any looser than it did originally. I'll continue to check each part and see if I can free it some more rotation.

Also, make sure the 2 gears that mesh with the registration drive and move the 2nd transfer assembly, are in correct timing in relation to each other. The service manual tells exactly how to do this and I've seen that be an issue on more than one occasion.

Technician

Hehe it's a simple error on this type and the brother C35P machines.
    If you have crack the paper transport gear change the whole side door.
    If not cracked the gear just take a slicy paper to the solenoid, when it in upper position it's stuck there.

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub C3110, 0094 error, can't figure out

but do you remember the debug command line to setup a solid MFM hard disk drive of the 5mb class? Thanks for the fond memory of Grandmother; I was whipper and my brother was gator-bait.