Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3070L fusing belt problem

Re: C3070L fusing belt problem

Quote Originally Posted by khaled_mohamed View Post
    Please we need photo to locate where this spacer
    thanks in advance.
    IT MIGHT HELP IF YOU -=READ=- ALL COMMENTS IN A THREAD BEFORE ASKING AN ALREADY ANSWERED QUESTION!!!

Originally Posted by DigiMan
    Maybe,to be sure you can remove the lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there.
    Honestly try the countermeasure its not a big deal,its cheap its easy to install.
    Frankly im pretty sure the problem origins from the soft roller(the pink one)from the fusing belt assy.
    In any case try the countermeasure and let us know how it fairs.

IF Digiman said " lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there. " WHERE would one suppose the spacers would be?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I found this.
    Maybe It can help to someone, who is in need

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

My service manager and I are trying to find a bulletin or any info on this issue as we just had a C3070 in the field with less than 200K do this same thing. I haven't been onsite yet but wanted to try and find out what the bulletin is if there is one of if this spacer thing was just what someone figured out to remedy the issue.

Yes, Phil B. I did see where it says remove the lower roller to check for the spacers but I have no clue what they look like to determine if they are there.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    My service manager and I are trying to find a bulletin or any info on this issue as we just had a C3070 in the field with less than 200K do this same thing. I haven't been onsite yet but wanted to try and find out what the bulletin is if there is one of if this spacer thing was just what someone figured out to remedy the issue.

Yes, Phil B. I did see where it says remove the lower roller to check for the spacers but I have no clue what they look like to determine if they are there.

Check KB for KBA00041506. There's no spacers but screw to be addressed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolandito View Post
    I found this.
    Maybe It can help to someone, who is in need
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Check KB for KBA00041506. There's no spacers but screw to be addressed.
    Ah, OK. I was just going by the posts that kept mentioning spacers. Thanks to the pdf in the post by Rolandito above mine, I was able to see what the issue was and the front shoulder screw was loose to the point of partially out about a turn, causing the issue with a gap in the frames (rear one was just not very tight but no gap in the frames). Replaced the belt and made sure to get both the front and rear screws very tight and centered in the holes so the issue hopefully won't happen again. This one had 229K on it. Can't believe it went that far before having an issue unless the screws just worked their way loose.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Although i have encountered the issue with the screw,two times that happened the machine popped fuser code(dont remember which one).
    THe spacer that i talked about is small like the spacers we used to put on the paper cassetes on the ol 250's to help them close properly.
    If you ever had a fuser from a production machine dissasembled(the lower fusing roller)you can immediately recognize the spacer if it is there.
    Its right below the right or left bearing.If not just order it,a chewing gum probably costs more.

Hope this helps further.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Although i have encountered the issue with the screw,two times that happened the machine popped fuser code(dont remember which one).
    THe spacer that i talked about is small like the spacers we used to put on the paper cassetes on the ol 250's to help them close properly.
    If you ever had a fuser from a production machine dissasembled(the lower fusing roller)you can immediately recognize the spacer if it is there.
    Its right below the right or left bearing.If not just order it,a chewing gum probably costs more.

Hope this helps further.
    Thanks for the reply. Are you in Europe or somewhere other than the US? I ask because my service manager searched quite extensively without luck, trying to find the part number you have listed in the second post of this thread (9981001296). No way to order it unless the number has changed or something. I even searched through the 32 KMBS Price Lists (all the parts available to order) I have dating back to 2002 (in case it was an old part repurposed) and the part number isn't in any of them either.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Just FYI.
    A newly designed fusing roller/1 (p/n A9VE720111) is being released to resolve the issue with tracking of the fuser belt.
    Be aware that if the machine has a new style fusing roller/1 the spacer must be removed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post

Hope this helps further.
    Interestingly you keep mentioning that spacer, can you give some info on how to accuire one of theese, because no trace of it in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by kandod View Post
    Interestingly you keep mentioning that spacer, can you give some info on how to accuire one of theese, because no trace of it in the net.
    Yeah, the part number given in this thread isn't even close to what it actually is here in the US, anyway. There was a technical bulletin that came out on Nov. 4th, 2019, bulletin# 11810 with all the correct info and exactly how to test for the issue to see if you even need the spacer. The spacer is FOC. This is also the bulletin that mentions the new roller.