Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Scan to Email yahoo or gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    while i genuinely respect your opinion and conviction on the matter, i truly do, but man there is no reason for huge font screaming, i can hear you yelling it on this side of the mason dixon line
    there is no way im going to tell the customer that just bought a $20,000+ copier they cannot scan because they dont know their settings or account info and they dont have a regular IT person.
    as long as i dont use my own addy for recovery email but use any of the customers addy as the contact/recovery. im there to help, not cause anxiety.
    fwiw, i feel just as strongly as you do about people that chip drums or use aftermarket toner or other supplies but i dont scream at them, i do me, they do them.
    years ago i left a service manager position because they insisted on pushing inferior supplies/products on their customers.

It's not that hard to get the customer email setting , easy for me just tell them the copier is there new employee and it needs it's own email address, DONE!
    The reason YOU can't setup there email account is not only for you and company protection but security and legal reasons. I have NEVER failed at getting the setup completed once the customer understands why the email must be setup the correct way. You must use the customers provided smtp settings! THE END!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scan to Email yahoo or gmail

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    It's not that hard to get the customer email setting , easy for me just tell them the copier is there new employee and it needs it's own email address, DONE!
    The reason YOU can't setup there email account is not only for you and company protection but security and legal reasons. I have NEVER failed at getting the setup completed once the customer understands why the email must be setup the correct way. You must use the customers provided smtp settings! THE END!
    This is a great reply.

Ask the customer how they create an email for their “new starters” so jane@yourcompany.com

Simply use this process & smtp settings to create a scan account “scans@yourcompany.com”
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Scan to Email yahoo or gmail

of course if the customer has access to create an account i have them do it, that was not the point at all.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.