Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

Re: bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

G00-09 latest available firmware with a few more 'bug fixes'

C3300i C4000i FW Read Me G00-E9.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

New Bulletin about this KBA00040712

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avecosat View Post
    New Bulletin about this KBA00040712
    PSKM_BT2016005EN

Is it about abnormal toner consumption? On some new installations they even require you to unmount UI and shake before booting the first time.
    But I believe that with the new firmware it performs internal rotations to avoid the phenomenon.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    PSKM_BT2016005EN

Is it about abnormal toner consumption? On some new installations they even require you to unmount UI and shake before booting the first time.
    But I believe that with the new firmware it performs internal rotations to avoid the phenomenon.

Yes, they have added a 'toner agitation mode' basically with the paper try pulled out run image process stabilisation.

i series toner aggitation.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Well, I thought it was an IU problem but posting it here in case it might help others.

Got a call on a C4000i last week and customer said they just put in cyan toner and then the blues started looking purple. Then they got code C2551. I take an IU over forgetting to check the TCR ratio and replaced it thinking it had just failed since the bird test chart had hardly any cyan on it at all in addition to the color registration being off.

They called back and said it's saying to add cyan toner. I go over and the cyan toner is still full because it's heavy and weighed what felt exactly like the new one I took over. I flipped the toner over and found this:

The tape covering the hole didn't come off completely and totally blocked the toner port of the new bottle. So, I'm thinking I should be able to just tone it up and did that in service mode using manual toner add. Took about 3 minutes and I checked the TCR of cyan and it was 7.18%. All good! Or so I thought. Because the machine had come to a complete stop requiring a new cyan toner bottle and it has the stupid chip on the bottle, it would say to replace the cyan toner every time the machine was turned off and back on. If I opened and closed the front door, the message would go away because the percentage was correct.

I had to put in the new toner bottle to get it to reset and keep the message away.

I really wish KM would make it so that as long as the TCR percentage is correct, it wouldn't pay attention to the chip if it was new or not.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Well, I thought it was an IU problem but posting it here in case it might help others.

Got a call on a C4000i last week and customer said they just put in cyan toner and then the blues started looking purple. Then they got code C2551. I take an IU over forgetting to check the TCR ratio and replaced it thinking it had just failed since the bird test chart had hardly any cyan on it at all in addition to the color registration being off.

They called back and said it's saying to add cyan toner. I go over and the cyan toner is still full because it's heavy and weighed what felt exactly like the new one I took over. I flipped the toner over and found this:

The tape covering the hole didn't come off completely and totally blocked the toner port of the new bottle. So, I'm thinking I should be able to just tone it up and did that in service mode using manual toner add. Took about 3 minutes and I checked the TCR of cyan and it was 7.18%. All good! Or so I thought. Because the machine had come to a complete stop requiring a new cyan toner bottle and it has the stupid chip on the bottle, it would say to replace the cyan toner every time the machine was turned off and back on. If I opened and closed the front door, the message would go away because the percentage was correct.

I had to put in the new toner bottle to get it to reset and keep the message away.

I really wish KM would make it so that as long as the TCR percentage is correct, it wouldn't pay attention to the chip if it was new or not.
    I would try Engine FW DipSW 6
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I would try Engine FW DipSW 6
    Except that only does auxiliary toner replenishing not reset the count of the old (full) bottle. I was already able to tone up the machine with the old bottle but because the machine came to a stop requesting a new bottle and a new one wasn't installed (because the chip wasn't new), it kept saying to replace the C toner. It's just bad programming on KM's part. As long as the machine is able to maintain the proper TCR percentage, then the machine should ignore the fact a new bottle hasn't been installed and just keep going as long as the TCR can be properly maintained. It would be super easy to provide this with a F/W update, but getting them to do it is like pulling teeth.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.