Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    How do I read this.

Re: How do I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by denvertan View Post
    When replacing the drum and DV I also need to replace their chips right ?
    no, they come on the OEM units already.
    unless you take the cheapy way out and try to rebuild. good luck with that, ive never ever been a fan of rebuilding drum or DV units.
    my company's click charges cover the cost of OEM replacement without being greedy.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

It depends on what you planning to do with this machine. Cost of all new OEM drums and K developer unit will be close to the price of whole machine. There's troubleshooting that can be made by qualified techs to determine if/or what have to be changed. Of course best way is most expensive
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    How do I read this.

Angry Re: How do I read this.

All replaced with compatible。
    But now print out alignment is out. Top part slightly to left, bottom slight to right.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How do I read this.

But now print out alignment is out. Top part slightly to left, bottom slight to right.
    You have now learnt a valuable lesson NEVER USE COMPATIBLE!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How do I read this.

Hey Synthohol We are both in NJ and not sure what the click charge is up North in state, but here in South Jersey average click is 8/10th's of a cent for B&W and 6 cents for color. I've crunched the numbers and can't find any profit in the contract if every consumable is replaced when indicated even though quality is good. Add to this toners, waste boxes, etc. I'm not even factoring in the labor cost because the main factor of losing $$$ is the consumables!

I even ran this past my friend who works for one of the largest Kon/Min dealers is USA and they turn off all supply messages for contract customers and leave on for Non-contract. He had a good point the whole reason Kon/Min added the feature to turn off messages several years ago was for the dealers who were complaining about not making a profit. I believe it was implemented with the C253.

I've had great results rebuilding kon/min drums with aftermarket drum & blade. Now that aftermarket Grid & Sawtooth charger are available they are like 100% new when rebuilt.

Or if for a non-contract customer I use new OEM black drum and convert chip for color. Saves customer $$$ and I make more money.

Can even use the OEM black dev units for colors but that's something I don't want to discuss publically.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    no, they come on the OEM units already.
    unless you take the cheapy way out and try to rebuild. good luck with that, ive never ever been a fan of rebuilding drum or DV units.
    my company's click charges cover the cost of OEM replacement without being greedy.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    How do I read this.

warnings are turned off so consumables can run almost 150% if not more which does reduce the CPC.
    the other thing is overages also offset the CPC as well.
    we also have a steady warranty exchange income from all MFGs
    we are a 5 brand dealer, and there are monthly charges as well to have a contract.
    we also have accounts in more than 5 states and tons of IT managed accounts.
    im assuming any deficit in the "click vs con$umable" cost is well offset by other means.
    the last thing is the clicks on a hundred+ of production machines and hospitals we have out there also keep me spoiled with OEM only items.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    How do I read this.

In Canon we can reset the hardisk to restore all setting to factory default.

Does Konica have this function ? Please help to guide me on this if it exist ?

FOUND THE INITIALISE AND COMPLETED IT.
    Last edited by denvertan; 08-05-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Post a sample, I know it seems a stupid question, but are the side guides actually touching the paper correctly in the cassettes, I've seen engineers spend ages trying to sort skew, when the paper was loaded badly....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

You'll generally find conventional tengu masks crafted from wood, paper mache, and plastic. Today they're worn in theatre performances, featured in festival and often hung in homes as symbols of symbols luck, believed to frighten awful spirits.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How do I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rao12 View Post
    You'll generally find conventional tengu masks crafted from wood, paper mache, and plastic. Today they're worn in theatre performances, featured in festival and often hung in homes as symbols of symbols luck, believed to frighten awful spirits.
    I think you posted on the wrong forum or even wrong website!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk