Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica BH C654e  reset HDD lock password issue

Konica BH C654e reset HDD lock password issue

Got another super low meter C654e from the local wholesaler. We always test the machines prior to purchase and then in our office we clean/prep the unit, install all the most recent firmware, then we go to initialization in service mode and initialize all prior to selling the copier.
    After initialization, we always have to turn back on the HDD and reinstall the movie data. Then the machine is normally ready to go.

This machine, however, after doing the initialization , came up with a C-D010 code. Enabled HDD in service mode and is now prompting to reset HDD lock password.

Suggestions appreciated.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica BH C654e reset HDD lock password issue

usually there is the other option to simply format it.
    if you boot up go into admin mode, it should immediately ask to either enter in the password or format the drive.
    just format it and reinstall the movie data.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    usually there is the other option to simply format it.
    if you boot up go into admin mode, it should immediately ask to either enter in the password or format the drive.
    just format it and reinstall the movie data.
    Thanks for the reply.

Entered Admin Settings mode which prompted for new password. Entered new password which was accepted with no errors & message on display said password has been reset or changed-turn power off & on.
    Cycled power and rebooted.
    Reset HDD lock password displayed again. Tried above procedure 3 times---same result. Accepted new password---prompted to reboot----error returned.

Decided to update firmware---MFP download ---N.G. displayed
    ADF ,Printer , Scanner Firmware downloaded/installed fine. Turned copier off & on and I guess I bricked the machine.
    Now has message that "Error this is invalid external memory" and cannot boot up or enter service mode or do anything.

Have read previous posts about similar issues which turned out to be a nightmare to recover from usually requiring mfp board , ssd , hdd and such things to repair.

So quick , concise summary of how this occurred:

1. Working copier tested--completely functional
    2. Initialization----initialized all in service mode
    3. Came up with reset hdd lock password message
    4 Reloaded firmware----MFP download NG All other firmware loaded fine
    5. Copier will not boot---goes to screen saying external memory invalid. Cannot access service mode or anything.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

try turning HDD off and unplug it.
    boot up
    says format SSD say yes
    make sure copier works normally
    turn on HDD and see if problem still happens.
    also in security in admin make sure enhanced/data overwrite is all off.

try turning HDD off and unplug it.
    boot up
    says format SSD say yes
    make sure copier works normally
    turn on HDD and see if problem still happens.
    also in security in admin make sure enhanced/data overwrite is all off.
    Good man for all these replies----I am researching the issue on the Konica website and will get back to you with my progress. I don't think disconnecting the HDD on the e series will let me back in though. That worked on the non-e machines but even so, I will try it (and other stuff) and let you know.
    We initialize these used low meter units all the time and never had this happen.....but guess this one is going to force us to delve a little deeper than normal and learn a little more. Thanks again, and I will followup and post the fix so others may benefit in the future.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

try this
    Use the last 6 digits of the serial number twice followed by 8 zeroes. An example for the bizhub C360 serial number is [020866]. (Do not use the item number A0ED012portion.)
    The unlock password using the above example is 02086602086600000000

this may have had bizhub secure. unless you know the password you cant reformatt from admin mode.you can change the hdd or reformat on laptop last is the reset tool

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    try this
    Use the last 6 digits of the serial number twice followed by 8 zeroes. An example for the bizhub C360 serial number is [020866]. (Do not use the item number A0ED012portion.)
    The unlock password using the above example is 02086602086600000000

this may have had bizhub secure. unless you know the password you cant reformatt from admin mode.you can change the hdd or reformat on laptop last is the reset tool
    That's what I think happened. The machine had bizhub secure which created the problem after we hit initialize all. Normally, initializing a machine works fine. But not with bizhub secure. That caused a C-D010 code(security issue) since the HDD was password protected. And I also suspect some of the bizhub secure settings reside on the mfp board or at leat protect against changes to the mfp controller and may have blocked our attempt to do a complete firmware install. All firmware items updated successfully except the mfp controller which was prevented from updating probably by those security settings.
    But our firmware attempt has now locked us out completely with the exception of being able to attempt another firmware install. We have no service mode access---only able to boot to firmware install from the usb (which always fails to install the mfp controller firmware).

Question now is how to resolve this. I am reluctant to try the .tar file to do a reset. Might be the only option though.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Just had the same thing about 6 months ago. Finally got rid of it by doing a "Physical" format of the HDD. It took like 5 hrs so just let it run all night in my shop.

Not sure if it was for this issue or one of those other odd messages when buying off lease machines, but might of been something else I did that I got off google search. Something like putting in a real long password 2 x's or something like that. I'll try and find it.

take the HDD out, put in a PC, delete all the partitions, delete the volume.
    create simple volume, do NOT format.
    put back in copier and do a logical format.

take the HDD out, put in a PC, delete all the partitions, delete the volume.
    create simple volume, do NOT format.
    put back in copier and do a logical format.
    Don't see how that will get me past the current most urgent issue of copier won't boot up at all. It seems like I have got to resolve that issue before I can attempt to deal with the Hard drive problem. In my thinking, the mfp controller is not going to work unless I can load the firmware/do a reset.

But if I'm wrong and If thats's the case..just need to replace the hard drive ..would taking the HDD from another C654e and swapping it work instead? Or do I need to deal with the copier not booting up first?