Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    want to know about Konica Minolta Bizhub 601/751.

Re: want to know about Konica Minolta Bizhub 601/751.

MARS

Mars International - Mars International - Off-lease copiers

we only drop off lease returns there but a company im friends with has bought many a machine there dirt cheap.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

thank you to all who gave me the best feedback of this machine. and i appreciate your carenes to other friend technicians. again thanks to all.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

reminds me of those 3 hours jobs, rebuilding drum/dev then the fuser then the finisher and saddle unit.

then "upgraded" them to a 958 and they wonder why i was leaving after 1 hour thinking i must of needed a part lol

Id quit if you made me work on either a B750/751 series or a C6500 ever again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post

Id quit if you made me work on either a B750/751 series or a C6500 ever again
    Why so much hate C6500/6501 ,i still have few of them in the field and never had too much trouble with them.
    It is a little bit of work and time when have to do full service,drum,developers,fuser...few hours of work but that comes with this job description
    In general newer machines is designed to do service easier and faster...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Why so much hate C6500/6501 ,i still have few of them in the field and never had too much trouble with them.
    It is a little bit of work and time when have to do full service,drum,developers,fuser...few hours of work but that comes with this job description
    In general newer machines is designed to do service easier and faster...
    Opinion piece:
    I have have little experience with the 6500s, but they seem to be relegated to the general distaste the 601 receive. Those 601/751s did take more man hours to keep running, but are far cheaper to operate than say the x54series B/W box (which is a foolish machine compared to its color counterparts). You can rebuild almost everything on those old boxes instead of having to plug in expensive Lego blocks that are non-serviceable (kind of). They are definitely a more challenging box to work on, hell you actually need a multimeter to perform a PM. Whereas on newer machines, all you need is a phillips screwdriver for a "PM" and no need for a service manual.
    Anyways, the 601s are good machines. They would be better if they were a little tighter in the dev/drum section, did not use that crappy foam that disintegrates over time (an ubiquitous issue at best), had a color scanner and had a waste toner system.