Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Remove paper from output tray when no paper is there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kaufmann View Post
    Ah... so it just may be a common practice to install the finisher without sensor -- which suggests there may be a lot of "sensor units" kicking around unused (or trashed).
    No it is not common practice to install w/o this sensor..The only finisher that doesn't need it is the Internal (FS-533 i think).. Very few users choose tray 3 as an output so unless have selected tray 3 as an output it would not be seen as a problem..This sensor only comes with the RU so it's not a spare that could get tossed. We have forgotted 1 or 2 over the years, but this is an infrequent issue. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Remove paper from output tray when no paper is there.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    No it is not common practice to install w/o this sensor..The only finisher that doesn't need it is the Internal (FS-533 i think).. Very few users choose tray 3 as an output so unless have selected tray 3 as an output it would not be seen as a problem..This sensor only comes with the RU so it's not a spare that could get tossed. We have forgotted 1 or 2 over the years, but this is an infrequent issue. E
    Hm... I certainly respect your experience on this, but have seen too many examples of the tray 3 error (like the one that started this thread) to be explained by a normal sensor failure rate. (FWIW, the sensor assembly must also come with a JS, because it is needed there.) Now that I have seen this missing sensor on one, I will try to check it whenever I see the tray 3 error. I suspect it is omitted more often than we might care to think about.

Technician

We had this same message a few years ago and it was our workshop techs not fitting the sensor as they didnt know where it went and they couldnt find any issues when they tested it.
    Obvously not to output tray 3
    Im sure there are many more out there without the sensor installed

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remove paper from output tray when no paper is there.

i had this issue on friday on a finisher thats output tray was under a bench top and raised hitting it with so much grunt it bent the hell out of bracket

it wasnt the optical sensor in tray it was the sensor on bracket that attaches to the rear belt not triggering a sensor due to it being bent. Support Plate Assy/ Rear