Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica Minolta C364 & C454e SMB v2

I have 2 copiers, one is a C364 and the other is a C454e. I've done so much research on setting these up to be compatible with SMB v2's that my brain has literally melted at this point. I've read online from some of these forums that it is required to use a special firmware (version up firmware is what it was called i believe) but i cannot find it anywhere. I've upgraded both machines to the latest FW and have them running on the correct function level. At the moment we currently are waiting to get KM technical support approved so we can start getting help from there, but at the moment we have muratec to work with. By getting on their side as a partner i do have access to all of the FW and Docs regarding all models but as i stated before i cannot for the life of me find the "special FW" needed to allow SMB v2 to go through on these machines.

From my understanding i know that these models dont support SMB V2's but the series 8 such as the 368's support it. This i can confirm since we've tested this at the shop. Although i've gone through all the settings on the 2 KM machines without doing the "special FW" update and its not working. Here is a list of things i've tried:

Updated the FW on both machines: KM C454e - G20-M1 (was also told i needed to be on function version 7)
    KM C364 - G00-6B (this im not sure about but it is currently at function version 1)

Tested to be sure that we can first get it running on SMB V1 which we can. On windows 10 machines, as we all know has defaulted to turning off SMB v1 so for testing purposes we would turn on that feature again to test, then turn it off again.

When speaking to tech support i've been told that as long as it has been upgraded to the latest firmware and on function version 7 (C454e) that it should just work. It doesnt, so we've gone in and changed some of the settings in the SMB settings menu (in the network tab) on the web interface of the KM, switching through all of the options such as clients settings and smb server settings. And we cant just get any of the configurations correct.

Is there something i am missing? Do i really need to just use the special firmware upgrade to get this working on these machines? Can someone confirm that these machines will just not work with SMB V2's without doing the special firm ware update? Or am i not putting in the right configurations on the web interface of these machines??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C364 & C454e SMB v2

KM C454e - G20-M1, you will need special FW for this one.
    KM C364 - G00-6B, you will need special FW for this one.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C364 & C454e SMB v2

there are steps you need to do. you cant just upgrade to latest firmware. send me pm and i will send in info on this. put your email im pm