Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: c554e not banner printing - have I missed something?

Banner printing is the very long paper run from the bypass tray..Banner pages are PCL or PS pages printed along with any particular job that would indicate who the job belonged to. Usefull if you don't have a finisher to off set the outputs, banner pages can be turned on from the driver, or from the MFP..Pretty sure the user is talking about banner printing..There was another blurb that said Banner printing was not available if ID and print was in use..Also, I'm not 100% sure banner printing is available through the Fiery..Have you tried pushing a banner page job via the Emperon just to verify it can be done? Lastly, the job log is pretty valuable here..Not the basic "deleted due to error" but the detail page that list exactly why the job was deleted. What is listed here? E

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Some models required optional memory for banner printing with Fiery controller, not sure about the C554 but it could be the cause.

FYI Banner mode must be on before you send the banner job.. Re read your original post and it looks like you are already doing this..E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c554e not banner printing - have I missed something?

All
    Many thanks for you most valued input.
    Been one of those days so will have a good read on Tuesday when I'm back in and have another go.
    Yes it is banner printing in the sense of a large dimensioned document c554e should be capable of 297x1200mm
    CSW does indeed indicate that the job has failed, however simply says cancelled, certainly less info than normal.
    The direct print idea will certainly rule out the Fiery, like that.
    It could well be a FW issue, it's been quite a pernickety unit, it's why the finisher was removed.
    Have a great weekend, I'm off to a BBQ now and have another on Sunday and with Monday being a bank holiday for the UK, I'm having fun, hope you do too!
    If you have an epiphany do still post up.
    And rest assured if I get to the bottom of it I will post the solution.
    Again huge thanks for all your suggestions
    Mark

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Check this out.

Banner printing

If you print a job in Banner mode (Banner mode is set on the copier), you must set the papertype to Thick 1+.

Cheers,
    tsb
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by raplma View Post
    I managed to find a similar post on this forum posted in 2014, and alas their solution was use another machine and never did get to the bottom of it...it's just sods law, we very rarely have the need to banner print on paper, and so when our c6501 died - which literally sat at the back of the shop doing all those odd jobs - at the end of last year, we didn't replace the functionality, and our current presses because of their feed and finishing options are unable to do it...doch!

Thanks again
    Mark
    You might have very well dug up one of my old posts for a c550 or c650 I have forgotten all the details, but tried several things. Never did figure it out, but emujo_j.r. pointed out an interesting point about the Fiery that if I recall correctly, I did not try bypassing.
    I gave up on it as it was just a headache, not required, and the cost of the stock rendered it a moot issue.
    That being said, I think I recall the issue was fixed with the cx52/cx54 series.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Check this out.

Banner printing

If you print a job in Banner mode (Banner mode is set on the copier), you must set the papertype to Thick 1+.

Cheers,
    tsb
    Yes, that is a MUST do step, on a machine and on driver also.
    Beside this correct paper size must be defined in driver.
    Don't remember if paper size should be defined on machine also (custom size) for example 297x600mm.
    Then utility ->banner printing (Allow) and then press print on print dialog window on PC.

Should work with and without finisher.

what about bypassing the fiery and print direct to copier and see if that helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    what about bypassing the fiery and print direct to copier and see if that helps
    Just as emujo2 and rrohan said.

In banner mode, you need to enable Banner Printing.
    This function only performs if you are printing straight from the printer.
    With the Fiery controller, we are unable to print to our printers.

Whenever customer needs to print Banner (1200mm), connects direct network cable to printer.
    Last edited by tulintron; 08-26-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Banner printing is the very long paper run from the bypass tray..Banner pages are PCL or PS pages printed along with any particular job that would indicate who the job belonged to. Usefull if you don't have a finisher to off set the outputs, banner pages can be turned on from the driver, or from the MFP..Pretty sure the user is talking about banner printing..There was another blurb that said Banner printing was not available if ID and print was in use..Also, I'm not 100% sure banner printing is available through the Fiery..Have you tried pushing a banner page job via the Emperon just to verify it can be done? Lastly, the job log is pretty valuable here..Not the basic "deleted due to error" but the detail page that list exactly why the job was deleted. What is listed here? E
    .................................................. ..............................
    Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Just as rrohan said.

Actually direct print was firstly suggested by emujo2.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.