Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: BH1052

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

BH1052

Howdy folks,

Have a different one here. Have a BH1052, it is a little over 4 years old and has 31 million on it. I am getting a C-2411. I replaced the whole DV unit a couple weeks ago. I got the call yesterday that the end user is going in and cleaning the TCR sensor and we are good for a bit. But it happened 3 times and he finally gave up yesterday. So when I got there today the machine was running good. So while I was there today and I cleaned the drum carriage contacts and reseated the connectors on the PRCB. I left and we were running good. I do trust this end user, he is very good, he does his own work on a HP Indigo. Just wondering if the PRCB is starting to go on this.

Thanks
    KEN

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: BH1052

Did you replace drum with developing,drum life now?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, when I changed the DV unit I also replaced drum, cleaning blades and coronas, did the package adjustment.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

First of all, pardon my ignorance I never worked on these beasts. Wow, 31 million sounds like they making pretty damn good job with this bizhub PRESS.

Before attempting PRCB I will check wiring/harness to Intermediate hopper toner remaining sensor (PS39) and sensor itself, as per procedure for this error.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Could be that the TCR level is screwed.
    Are the prints nice and dark?

Those mylars in the intermediate hopper does cause all kinds of heart ache if the toner level sensor does not get wiped properly.
    Whatever

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Post Re: BH1052

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Howdy folks,

Have a different one here. Have a BH1052, it is a little over 4 years old and has 31 million on it. I am getting a C-2411. I replaced the whole DV unit a couple weeks ago. I got the call yesterday that the end user is going in and cleaning the TCR sensor and we are good for a bit. But it happened 3 times and he finally gave up yesterday. So when I got there today the machine was running good. So while I was there today and I cleaned the drum carriage contacts and reseated the connectors on the PRCB. I left and we were running good. I do trust this end user, he is very good, he does his own work on a HP Indigo. Just wondering if the PRCB is starting to go on this.

Thanks
    KEN

Good Day
    Dear

Check if the area around the developing unit is soiled and clean/repair any abnormality if necessary.
    Check the wiring harness by unplugging all associated connectors, checking all wires to ground (for a short) and checking continuity ofthe wiring (for an open).
    Check if the Intermediate hopper toner remaining sensor (PS39) is soiled and clean if necessary.Check the Intermediate hopper toner remaining sensor (PS39) by performing the operation check
    Call the Service Mode to the screen -> Select [State Confirmation] -> [I/O Check Mode] -> [Input Check] -> Select code 1-> Multi-mode1 Intermediate hopper toner remaining sensor (000=Toner and 001=No Toner).
    If preferred, check PS39 CN205-5 (ON) at the Printer Control Board (PRCB).Check the Intermediate hopper toner remaining sensor (PS39) connector for proper connection, and correct as necessary. Also check relay connector(s) (CN383,CN384 and CN385) between PS39 and the Printer Control Board (PRCB) for proper connection.
    Check if the TCR sensor (TCRS) is soiled and clean if necessary. Check wiring between Printer Control Board (PRCB) connector CN230 and the TCRS CN459,for proper connection and correct as necessary. Also check relay connector(s) CN430 between TCRS and the PRCB for proper connection, and correct asnecessary.
    If the cause could not be specified by the above steps, replace the parts in the following order.TCR sensor (TCRS)Printer Control Board (PRCB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes the prints are nice and black. I does scare me with the amount of prints that are on this baby that things are going to start going like this. I am trying to get the customer that this machine is about 11 million over it's life! The operator knows this, it is just the owner of the print shop, you know.

Thanks
    KEN

You could always try replacing the developer again. Could be that the TCR value it a tad high.
    Resetting the existing dev could work but the machine could run a bit rich.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BH1052

How is the end user cleaning the TCR sensor? They are extremely static sensitive. It's probably toast, which is why the code keeps recurring.

Lee

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

An update on this. It has been weeks since the last 2411! YIPPE!! I did clean the toner hopper sensor, it seemed to be caked a little. Have not had a trouble with that error. Now starting to get fuser errors!! We will deal with that later!!!

Thanks
    KEN