Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: C250i going offline and noisy

hello too in the same condition. The C250i printer is the only one that goes offline while the other iSeries for now is no problem. I have disabled bi-directional communication as a driver but this not risolve.

IP filtering is active by default, I disabled it because email scans stopped working. I disabled the weekly timer but without success. The next goal is to deactivate some energy saving parameters. The problem happens every morning

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

I have no idea if this will help or not but since I discovered this same issue of going offline first thing in the morning on the 4e series a few years ago, on machine setup we've been changing a setting to prevent the issue and not one machine (since we started making this change to all the machines we set up that have this option) has gone offline first thing in the morning or after long periods of sleep. Not sure if the menu path is the same on the i series since we don't have one to check.

Utility>Admin>System>Power Save>Page 2>Power Consumption in Sleep Mode>set to Disabled

Give this a try and let us know if that takes care of the issue.
    Last edited by srvctec; 09-16-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You can try to disable the enhanced printfeatures in the properties to disable the online/offline communication to test if the error comes from the driver.

Uncheck snmp under port settings for the offline problem

Good Luck, there may be a fix in the next few weeks. i'll keep you posted.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Uncheck snmp under port settings for the offline problem
    I was going to try this today, but the fricken customer restarted the machine before we got there.

Have you tried this on a machine that was presently "offline" according to windows? SNMP was the first thing i thought of but never got to try it.

Note: I am refering to port settings at windows driver, if you only disable SNMP at the mfd and leave it enabled at windows printer driver port settings this will result in a machine permanently offline according to windows.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    I was going to try this today, but the fricken customer restarted the machine before we got there.

Have you tried this on a machine that was presently "offline" according to windows? SNMP was the first thing i thought of but never got to try it.

Note: I am refering to port settings at windows driver, if you only disable SNMP at the mfd and leave it enabled at windows printer driver port settings this will result in a machine permanently offline according to windows.

This is a known problem windows broke this years ago, if printer gets any error windows disables driver, when the error was fixed it would send a signal back to driver THATS the part Windows BROKE, You don't need to turn off at copier just in the driver. Uncheck snmp under ports on every driver.

This is not a driver problem.
    I've already tried to disable SNMP and two-way communication without success.
    Every morning the printer goes offline. But beware: scan to email, CSRC, etc. also goes offline

So the problem is really the machine. It only happens to me with C250i and I think it's a firmware bug. For the moment I have solved this:
    1. CE Mode> Sleep on / off: permit.
    2. Administrator> Power> Pause mode: no.
    3. Enable energy saving: normal.
    4. Power consumption in pause mode: Active.

After I went to the timer, I set it to "Pause" instead of ErP and I later turned off the weekly timer (in the past there was a bug in some firmware).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C250i going offline and noisy

We have about 15 to 20 of this model out and no issues. They do have the latest firmware. I forgot the version number but it is the one that enables the Airprint opition. We are in the US.

In Europe we have version 45 as the last firmware.
    I had the problem in 3B and 45.
    For the moment, the deactivation of the timer and suspension has solved the problem. The network card does not freeze.