Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C250i going offline and noisy

With the noise - do you have the bluetooth option installed in this machine, that adds the additional speaker?

I've had several of these dead out of the box or within 5 minutes of first power on making this stupid noise.

Solution ? unplug the speaker. It's only used for the voice license that literally no one ever purchases.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Unfortunately, after several days, even today c250i offline! Even with the suggested energy saving settings and after clearing all.
    Turned off and on again, it started working again.
    I was able to catch our office C250i going offline plus it was completely frozen and can't awake in any way I tried. Restart from main power switch cure it.
    That weird machine has every new FW KM made installed in a few days and still acting strange from times to times. If machine was in picky customer's office I would be driven mad.
    Today I update it with latest and greatest GC1-75 FW, we will see but I'm not a believer.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I was able to catch our office C250i going offline plus it was completely frozen and can't awake in any way I tried. Restart from main power switch cure it.
    That weird machine has every new FW KM made installed in a few days and still acting strange from times to times. If machine was in picky customer's office I would be driven mad.
    Today I update it with latest and greatest GC1-75 FW, we will see but I'm not a believer.
    The good thing is that with the grounding cable on the back of the screen it finally goes into standby. But after several weeks, it never woke up from standby and went offline. Firmware: G00-75

I don't know if GC1-75 solves, no note about it! Other C250i that I have recently installed have not yet given me offline problems. it is as if there was something wrong with the first C250i launched on the market.

Every time I contact KM they say I'm the only one who has the C250i problem that goes offline but from the testimonials I read here, it doesn't seem to be like that.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The good thing is that with the grounding cable on the back of the screen it finally goes into standby. But after several weeks, it never woke up from standby and went offline. Firmware: G00-75

I don't know if GC1-75 solves, no note about it! Other C250i that I have recently installed have not yet given me offline problems. it is as if there was something wrong with the first C250i launched on the market.

Every time I contact KM they say I'm the only one who has the C250i problem that goes offline but from the testimonials I read here, it doesn't seem to be like that.
    I had this on the first +250i but after the slepp mode is disabled in my case the problem is solved. Maybe you can run the machine in 100% ready state for a while 24-48hours to check if its happen again, or switch the machine.

solved problems:
    -goes offline
    -noise from speaker

awakening/boot up in ready state without a interacation >> i think this is solved but not sure from firmware or grounding wire. Until now i have no feedback.

open problems not on all machines:
    -complety different print colors on different machines (out of the box with same settings and gradation)
    -custom size from bypass, the size automatic meausurement(new on i+250) does not work, it shows always full lenght 42.xx cm. But i found a mask to put in the size manual like the older series.
    -auto rotate from bypass portrait and landscape does not work, ask alwasy for portrait. Windows10 different application
    -1 machine have lost date time settings installation date tel number... hello lines on the copy

I've heard of problems with ssd's but I'm not affected myself

I've heard of problems with ssd but I'm not affected mysel

Yes, previously someone wrote that replacing the SSD has solved problems with the offline. But honestly, I don't understand the relationship with the problem, if it ever works.

I'm not convinced GC1-75, today on a machine I had a completely white screen for the first time. To reactivate the MFP, I had to turn it off and on again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe thats the reason why they removed the GC1-75 from KNOVA. I can't found this version anymore.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm not convinced GC1-75, today on a machine I had a completely white screen for the first time. To reactivate the MFP, I had to turn it off and on again.
    Hello Bix

Now the first delivered 250i comes back with offline problems...
    Have you found a solution until today?

I am not sure whether it comes from the firmware GC1-75 or was just luck.

I am not sure whether it comes from the firmware or was just luckI am not sure whether it comes from the firmware or was just luck

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    Hello Bix

Now the first delivered 250i comes back with offline problems...
    Have you found a solution until today?

I am not sure whether it comes from the firmware GC1-75 or was just luck.

I am not sure whether it comes from the firmware or was just luckI am not sure whether it comes from the firmware or was just luck
    Hi occus,

I have a couple of theories in mind about this problem. To be honest, I'm not sure if the problem is solved but for now the MFP is not giving problems.

I am still unsure why sometimes a few weeks passed before the problem happened.

Now my C250i has firmware GC1-75. Here's what I did:
    1. Fixed problem of MFP not sleeping. Do this too, if you notice that the MFP wakes up from standby for no reason, there is a problem with the grounding: Awakening from causal energy savings

Inside the C250i a strange static electricity is created which, in my opinion, could send some electronic boards in tilt. But then again, I'm not sure about this.

2. I set instead "turn off secondary power", I set "energy saving" and instead of "high" I set "turn off".

3. I noticed that in the parts code, the SSD code has changed. Here someone suggested replacing it and this solved the problem. For safety I have changed that too.

If all this doesn't solve my problem, my only doubt is a defective BASE BOARD. In the parts code I have not noticed any new code but it is strange that in the recent c250i that I am installing, this problem does not occur.

At the moment, if I contact KM, they say they have not received reports of this problem. The only reports were resolved by disabling SNMP from the driver settings, which I have already done.

Today a C250i that I thought I had fixed for the offline issue went offline again.

I believe that the screen generates static electricity (it causes the printer to inadvertently wake up) which reaches the BASE BOARD and therefore freezes the printer after a few days/hours. I have seen that Konica Minolta has finally put a parts code to discharge this static electricity.

part code: 9981001424