Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C250i going offline and noisy

Mine machine took holiday this morning after months without this issue it went offline and completely unresponsive. Turned it off/on and sure machine works. Latest FW, proximity sensor ground mod done, power settings at latest KM recommendation. Weird. I can control this in our office but at customers...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Regarding the i series machines with sleep disorders and constant waking - I have experienced that the additional grounding strap does not solve it 100%, It does greatly reduce it but it still happens.

now every machine we roll out has the awake from touch feature disabled anyway.

Anyone wants to wake the machine it will wake from a print job or sticking a document in the ADF anyway.(or touching the power button on the side of the panel) So no big deal.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Excellent analysis. Do you say that turning off touch display awakening further reduces the problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

After disabled deep standby and all timers and touch feature we doesn't have any problems with freezing anymore.

Of course waking up the device by touching the display is more comfortable than pushing the button. But if you make the settings before roll out you can tell to te customers it's like on every tablet or phone... you have to push the button to light up the display.

The mod with the grounding cable does not working on our devices.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Regarding the i series machines with sleep disorders and constant waking - I have experienced that the additional grounding strap does not solve it 100%, It does greatly reduce it but it still happens.

now every machine we roll out has the awake from touch feature disabled anyway.

Anyone wants to wake the machine it will wake from a print job or sticking a document in the ADF anyway.(or touching the power button on the side of the panel) So no big deal.
    Forgot to mention that I also disabled my machine awaking by touching the screen.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi guys, how is this problem going?
    I don't know if this solved my problem but for several weeks now he hasn't gone offline (but I don't want to sing victory... it could happen again, I cross my fingers).
    In the network settings I changed the transmission speed. Before it was set to Auto (10M, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps) while now it is set to Auto (10M, 100Mbps)