Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C250i going offline and noisy

Hi Guys,

We seem to be having a lot of these new "i-series" devices going offline randomly. I see the FW is being updated and the latest UK version is G00-45, which our machine is currently using. However, it still goes offline 3-4 times per day. The client has the latest drivers and they are installed locally on the client PC's. When the machine goes offline, it shows offline to all users, so this would indicate an issue with the device rather than the printer driver because it is installed on multiple PC's.
    Anyone else having this offline issue?

One other intermittent problem we are having is with the lower exit rollers and an associated noise. We have never heard the noise when we attended, but the client captured it on video. I'm struggling to upload the MP4 to this site, so here is a link to it in Google Photos Shared album - Un Petit Chat de Buerre - Google Photos
    The exit rollers seem switch on and turn at random and run for ages with nothing else going on.
    We've checked out the exit section and found nothing untoward going on, but the noise is big!
    Tested the drive using "load check'" and all is good.
    Noise stops on it's own, m/c works fine and we are no further forward.
    Any ideas on this bit?
    Thanks

Taminol

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C250i going offline and noisy

Never heard about these problems, when machine shows offline what happens exactly, can they print for example? If not how they return machine online?
    I would start with replacing patch cable and checking wall port. Any noticeable delays in ping -t command?
    Noise is horrible, are you sure it's not fuser related?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Never heard about these problems, when machine shows offline what happens exactly, can they print for example? If not how they return machine online?
    I would start with replacing patch cable and checking wall port. Any noticeable delays in ping -t command?
    Noise is horrible, are you sure it's not fuser related?

They cannot print when the machine goes offline, to bring it back online, they cycle the power OFF/ON to the copier.
    Network cable was replaced a couple of weeks ago. Will have to check ping response time and will check out the wall port on our next visit.

Can't find what the noise was, it had stopped by the time we arrived. We have checked exit and fuser for anything dodgy going on, found nothing.
    When we arrived onsite, the exit rollers were driving, but without that awful noise.

Technician

Check the power save setting, i think there is an option to turn off machine instead of sleep

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Post Re: C250i going offline and noisy

Quote Originally Posted by Taminol View Post
    Hi Guys,

We seem to be having a lot of these new "i-series" devices going offline randomly. I see the FW is being updated and the latest UK version is G00-45, which our machine is currently using. However, it still goes offline 3-4 times per day. The client has the latest drivers and they are installed locally on the client PC's. When the machine goes offline, it shows offline to all users, so this would indicate an issue with the device rather than the printer driver because it is installed on multiple PC's.

One other intermittent problem we are having is with the lower exit rollers and an associated noise. We have never heard the noise when we attended, but the client captured it on video. I'm struggling to upload the MP4 to this site, so here is a link to it in Google Photos Shared album - Un Petit Chat de Buerre - Google Photos
    The exit rollers seem switch on and turn at random and run for ages with nothing else going on.
    We've checked out the exit section and found nothing untoward going on, but the noise is big!
    Any ideas on this bit?
    Thanks

Taminol

good day
    Dear
    I recommend you check at what speed your logical switch is working
    And try to configure your machine in the same way
    The noise that can be heard is apparently caused by the pressure between the rollers in the Fusing Unit
    I recommend you make a verification with the option of Load Check in the technical service mode

Regards
    Luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

A lot of times, for me, the date and time set up was not quite right, and the machine just can't be seen by the computers and/or network. Even as little as 5 minutes
    have affected windows 10 computers. Always worth a look.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

That noise sounds like what I had on one of the 8e machines recently. At first I thought it was coming from the fuser area. Ended up being the transfer belt cooling fan.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Since the noise doesn't present itself when you are onsite, maybe you could convince the end user to use a length of small rubber tubing held to the microphone hole of the phone and then move the other end around until it gets the loudest. That way, you could pinpoint the sound to a certain area at least instead of just the general exit section.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Can't say I had any problems with the network side ot things. (Check that ERP is turned off), but I had one making a noise. Turned out the left hand panel cover on the scanner was vibrating occasionally very loud. Had to fix it with additional screw. I believe it vibrated when one of the fans engaged.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taminol View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Any ideas on this bit? Thanks Taminol
    well first problem.. WHAT drivers? *please god don't say WSD* most likely!
    sounds like a network issue..
    wireless par chance?
    but we would need to see setup sheets to be sure

Noise.. that sounds like a belt or something scrubbing on belts or gearing area.. pull covers.. start process and watch... you can use a long screwdriver pressed to diff areas to semi-pinpoint the section to look at

good luck