Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

unable to ping and pr1nt (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Can't use the word print in the title which still makes no sense to me. VB is defective!

Anyway here is his post that can be responded to.

Bizhub c224e.

I have assigned manual IP but it is not printing neither pinging. Not even taking IP from DHCP when i turn on auto obtain option in network settings. When i plug the same cable in laptop it picks IP and get connected with the network and if i change the IP in laptop manually it pings and connects but when i plug it back to machine. It stops. No print no ping. Light color is green and orange. Quick IP filtering is set to No filtering. I have checked all the options. Could not find any clue or reason of this sudden no connectivity. Everything was going well.

If i connect it with other network it picks IP via DHCP quickly and starts printing. It may be network security problem?

What the hell is going on here? can any one tell?

Thanks
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Re: unable to ping and pr1nt (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Turn off wireless on your laptop, manually assign a wired IP and retest.
    I've been fooled by connectivity via wifi.
    Hook direct to copier and ping and print.
    Let us know.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Can't use the word print in the title which still makes no sense to me. VB is defective!

Bizhub c224e.

I have assigned manual IP but it is not printing neither pinging. Not even taking IP from DHCP when i turn on auto obtain option in network settings. When i plug the same cable in laptop it picks IP and get connected with the network and if i change the IP in laptop manually it pings and connects but when i plug it back to machine. It stops. No print no ping. Light color is green and orange. Quick IP filtering is set to No filtering. I have checked all the options. Could not find any clue or reason of this sudden no connectivity. Everything was going well.

If i connect it with other network it picks IP via DHCP quickly and starts printing. It may be network security problem?

Thanks
    You might try setting network speed of the MFP manually instead of auto negotiate. I have seen this cause a loss of network connectivity if the drop was a little flaky.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bizhub c224e.

Thanks
    Crossover cable direct to machine from your laptop with all manual configuration then go from there. If wireless on laptop be sure you are not using the guest wifi and that there are not two routers on the network and your laptop is on the downstream router. unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd) if all else fails, you should be able to do a network settings clear from service mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You can you the work print in the title. You just cannot put it at the end of the title. Example:
    "MFP cannot print" as a title will cause most browsers to open the thread in "print mode" which prevents replying.
    "Cannot print from MFP" has no problem

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You can you the work print in the title. You just cannot put it at the end of the title. Example:
    "MFP cannot print" as a title will cause most browsers to open the thread in "print mode" which prevents replying.
    "Cannot print from MFP" has no problem
    I bet he knows that, Synt is dedicated member just like you... and me.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

lol, past few years ive seen too many "printable" threads, ill just repost for them when i see it.
    i was a mod and admin of a watercooling/overclocking website and we never had that issue with BB/vB.
    sounds like a flag is tick'd somewhere in the admin CP. who knows.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Perhaps your network is seriously locked down. I've been on bank networks that allow only URLs starting with the bank's website, all others are blocked, and DHCP shut off. I've also seen Java blocked. Go the crossover route to test out the functionality. Then it's in their hands.

Also watch for multiple wireless routers. So, let's say Jimmy brings in a wireless router and plugs it in unsecured in the office for his own convenience. Now when a wireless laptop comes within range it might connect to router A or might connect to router B. If the printer is on the network with wireless router A, you'll never find that printer on wireless router B. I've spent a good bit of time scratching my head over this.

Also check to see if you've got a class C address. I've been in environments that DHCP is intentionally shut off, and addresses are specifically assigned. At the time I had no understanding of class C addresses, so I was attempting to assign an address outside the acceptable range. Another head scratcher.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Perhaps your network is seriously locked down. I've been on bank networks that allow only URLs starting with the bank's website, all others are blocked, and DHCP shut off. I've also seen Java blocked. Go the crossover route to test out the functionality. Then it's in their hands.

Also watch for multiple wireless routers. So, let's say Jimmy brings in a wireless router and plugs it in unsecured in the office for his own convenience. Now when a wireless laptop comes within range it might connect to router A or might connect to router B. If the printer is on the network with wireless router A, you'll never find that printer on wireless router B. I've spent a good bit of time scratching my head over this.

Also check to see if you've got a class C address. I've been in environments that DHCP is intentionally shut off, and addresses are specifically assigned. At the time I had no understanding of class C addresses, so I was attempting to assign an address outside the acceptable range. Another head scratcher.
    =^..^=
    And perhaps IP Addresses are filtered & allowed/ disallowed via MAC ID# of the device(s) on the network!!!unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)...I've seen that methodology before too!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    And perhaps IP Addresses are filtered & allowed/ disallowed via MAC ID# of the device(s) on the network!!!unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)...I've seen that methodology before too!

Is this a "White List"?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=