Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: unable to ping and pr1nt (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Is this a "White List"?
    I believe so, of MAC ID's which specifically get paired up with specific IP ADDRESSES and if a MAC ID is not in the registered lookup table it is either blocked or assigned a different IP address & subnet range so as not to "stomp" on the "managed" network. Basically a "managed" DHCP scenario via MAC ID if that makes sense. I've only been in a couple of situations where the IT Administrator did this. Overall it makes complete sense!!!unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I believe so, of MAC ID's which specifically get paired up with specific IP ADDRESSES and if a MAC ID is not in the registered lookup table it is either blocked or assigned a different IP address & subnet range so as not to "stomp" on the "managed" network. Basically a "managed" DHCP scenario via MAC ID if that makes sense. I've only been in a couple of situations where the IT Administrator did this. Overall it makes complete sense!!!unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

My daughter and I use MAC filtering on our home routers. Only White Listed MACs are allowed to connect. That way neighborhood kids can't use our routers. I does mean editing the table ever time I get a new device.

FYI, my daughter has a PHD in Computer Science and is the current Computer Science and Engineering Chair at Cal State University Bakersfield.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My daughter and I use MAC filtering on our home routers. Only White Listed MACs are allowed to connect. That way neighborhood kids can't use our routers. I does mean editing the table ever time I get a new device.

FYI, my daughter has a PHD in Computer Science and is the current Computer Science and Engineering Chair at Cal State University Bakersfield.
    AWESOME!!!...I would LOVE to be a "fly on the wall" of her workplace!!! Here is an intensely interesting website you both might fascinating!!!unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)unable to ping and pr1nt  (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

www.opdeepstate.com

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Can't use the word print in the title which still makes no sense to me. VB is defective!

Anyway here is his post that can be responded to.

Bizhub c224e.

I have assigned manual IP but it is not printing neither pinging. Not even taking IP from DHCP when i turn on auto obtain option in network settings. When i plug the same cable in laptop it picks IP and get connected with the network and if i change the IP in laptop manually it pings and connects but when i plug it back to machine. It stops. No print no ping. Light color is green and orange. Quick IP filtering is set to No filtering. I have checked all the options. Could not find any clue or reason of this sudden no connectivity. Everything was going well.

If i connect it with other network it picks IP via DHCP quickly and starts printing. It may be network security problem?

What the hell is going on here? can any one tell?

Thanks

Thank you very much for posting this thread on my behalf. I have been told this before but i forgot.

Well. I would like to thank all the experts for sharing their experiences and suggestions.
    I have initialized Network settings from Service Mode.
    Mac binding is not done. There are other two printers working beside. If i plug cable of this machine into another printer and assign the same IP address manually then it prints and ping. But if i plug other printer's cable into this machine with their different IP, this damn MFP do not print and ping. This is quite strange. It means there is no mac binding no network securities involved.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Why don't you try eliminating the network altogether assign a manual IP to your laptop that say one number off from The copier plug into The copier no crossover cable needed just a regular cable is fine and see if you could ping it printed pull up the webpage we need to eliminate the network as the cause first best way to do that is just a direct connection between laptop and copy machine let us know
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Thank you very much for posting this thread on my behalf. I have been told this before but i forgot.

Well. I would like to thank all the experts for sharing their experiences and suggestions.
    I have initialized Network settings from Service Mode.
    Mac binding is not done. There are other two printers working beside. If i plug cable of this machine into another printer and assign the same IP address manually then it prints and ping. But if i plug other printer's cable into this machine with their different IP, this damn MFP do not print and ping. This is quite strange. It means there is no mac binding no network securities involved.
    If IEEE 802.11 is enabled in User Tools, it will prevent the network jack from working. IEEE 802.11 is only used when Ricoh's POS internal wireless is used or when certain high security authentication is utilized. In either it turns off normal operation of the network jack.