Technician

CD011 Error on Bizhub C368

Sorry to come to you folks with such a basic question. I am a Kyocera trained technician, but my employer has quite a few Konica's in our fleet.

One of our customers has come up with a CD011 Error, at first a trouble restart fixed the issue but it has since resurfaced.

I have already researched the nature of the code to find out it means the "hard disk is out of spec"; which I am taking to mean that the hard drive is failing, needs replaced.

I have found video instructions, as well as a service manual, so the physical act of changing the hard drive seems like it will be breeze.

But I have two questions that I can't seem to get an answer to:

A) Will any laptop-form-factor hard drive be acceptable for this particular machine? does the capacity, read/write speed matter?

B) Will it require both a logical format (through the admin controls) as well as a physical format (via the service mode) if it is a brand new hard drive?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: CD011 Error on Bizhub C368

If you're installing a brand new hard drive just put it in and do a logical format if it's a used Drive plug it into a computer remove all the partitions create a new Partition do NOT format it in the PC. and then install into copier and also do a logical format hard drive size should be a minimum of 250 gb but a 320 is recommended as that's the normal size of the original.
    Western digital is recommended but I he had success with Hitachi
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0615 View Post
    Sorry to come to you folks with such a basic question. I am a Kyocera trained technician, but my employer has quite a few Konica's in our fleet.

One of our customers has come up with a CD011 Error, at first a trouble restart fixed the issue but it has since resurfaced.

I have already researched the nature of the code to find out it means the "hard disk is out of spec"; which I am taking to mean that the hard drive is failing, needs replaced.

I have found video instructions, as well as a service manual, so the physical act of changing the hard drive seems like it will be breeze.

But I have two questions that I can't seem to get an answer to:

A) Will any laptop-form-factor hard drive be acceptable for this particular machine? does the capacity, read/write speed matter?

B) Will it require both a logical format (through the admin controls) as well as a physical format (via the service mode) if it is a brand new hard drive?
    We've seen this issue multiple times now especially on the early 8 series.

Error points to the HDD however 99% of the time machine needs the SATA firmware updating. (see link)

https://mega.nz/#!hQUUBAoK!o0D1MSUd5...hpz-eCSyFiGEzs
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Had a c368 and c258 doing this,changed hdd's and after a few hours coded again.
    Both times i needed to replace the mfp board.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Had a c368 and c258 doing this,changed hdd's and after a few hours coded again.
    Both times i needed to replace the mfp board.
    Yeah it can be any of those as this code is a bit generic however that bulletin has helped us out multiple times.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk