Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica C364e  C284e  C224e   series scanning to folder and scanning to email issues

Konica C364e C284e C224e series scanning to folder and scanning to email issues

Our customers more and more generally use their own IT people to connect the Konica MFP's to their network. Lately it seems we get a lot of calls from these IT guys asking for assistance with scan to folder or scan to email "compatibility issues". They usually blame the machine and are telling the customer that it must be a problem with the Copier Firmware or settings even though the copier has the latest firmware already installed. And, of course, the customer doesn't want to pay more to use our IT subcontractor who has never had issues yet connecting the 4 series..

Can't imagine these 4e series units with the most recent firmware are having compatibility issues. I am aware that some of these people find it difficult to setup when they use Office 365. But lately many also struggle with SMB/Scan to folder setup.

Nobody having an issue setting up network printing. All the cries for assistance pertain to scanning.

Anyway, guess I just want some feedback as to what are the most common mistakes made by non-Konica IT guys when setting up scanning to email or folder .......and if firmware issues or the constant changes being made to Windows 10 might really be causing compatibility issues when it comes to the 4 series.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-20-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica C364e  C284e  C224e   series scanning to folder and scanning to email issues

Re: Konica C364e C284e C224e series scanning to folder and scanning to email issu

We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica C364e C284e C224e series scanning to folder and scanning to email issu

Most of my customers use their IT people. If their IT people call and start blaming the machine, and machine has all the updated F/W including any special F/W like for the office 365 issue scanning to email, etc. then I offer to have my guy log on remotely for a discounted remote session fee. If they don't want anyone on their network, etc then they can pay to have my guy go onsite. If they insist it's the machine and my guy shows up and makes a network using his laptop and it works he shows the IT and at that point they might as well let him do his thing because I'm billing them anyway once confirmed it's not the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Most of my customers use their IT people. If their IT people call and start blaming the machine, and machine has all the updated F/W including any special F/W like for the office 365 issue scanning to email, etc. then I offer to have my guy log on remotely for a discounted remote session fee. If they don't want anyone on their network, etc then they can pay to have my guy go onsite. If they insist it's the machine and my guy shows up and makes a network using his laptop and it works he shows the IT and at that point they might as well let him do his thing because I'm billing them anyway once confirmed it's not the machine.
    I'll probably stop by and verify the customer that called today has the G20-M1 firmware update. If it is up to date, I'll recommend they see our IT guy.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Permissions, permissions, permissions.

Keep a laptop updated wit the latest firmware. If it scans to you laptop it is on them. Same with Gmail and O365. Test these at the shop before delivery. This way you know it worked. Then when you get on site try. If it does not work they have a network issue.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

It's again M$ screw things. I had one C224e with latest FW in our shop setup to scan to folder on my PC. Yesterday I have to scan one document and yes it failed miserably Last doc in my folder is from before a month, so I guess meantime some Windows 10 updates are acting up.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

For Windows platforms I thought SMB v2 is on by default and even though it can be enabled --- SMB v1 is off by default due to security issues.

Special firmware for the C364e series you referenced GDB M1 isn't listed when I sign on to Mykonicaminolta.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post

Special firmware for the C364e series you referenced GDB M1 isn't listed when I sign on to Mykonicaminolta.
    It's under special firmware scroll down its from 2017 I believe.
    I have 35 machines left in a school system to change to that firmware.
    Verified working to server 2019

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Synthohol; 09-21-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

KM told me that with DipSw 162-02 it disables SMB routing and starts already from SMB2.0
    I don't know if this can help
    I haven't tried yet

Firmware A5C10Y0-F000-G20-K9

Upgrade to GDB-M1

It's hang ..
    Please help advise
    Attached Images Attached Images