Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

Evening all , Im looking for advice on this jam code J-3102 , the lead reg is out by about 50mm , I presuming this is the cause of my jam code , I did a factory reset on all reset timing , replaced the fuser plus the transfer belt & roller , I also replaced both registration sensors still no change, I also swapped the registration motor plus the ADU driver board , it happening from all trays on 80gsm to 300gsm face up or down , firmware was also updated
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

Re: Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

usually the 3 white one way gears and shaft need to be replaced in the fuser gearbox.

During operation: The fusing paper exit sensor
    (PS17) does not turn ON within a specified
    period of time after the registration motor (M30)
    take the cover off the front of the fuser and pay close attention to its operation.
    the motor spins one way to apply fuser pressure through a one way gear(s), then spins the opposite way to drive the fuser and spins the other white gear(s) i dont recall which direction uses the 2 gears.

or maybe your exit actuator gets stuck?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

I did replace the these white one way gears all three of them ,I also replace the actuator & sensor for the reversal exit section ,the problem still remains, I'm going back to this machine this morning with a printer driver board & a complete transport unit ,the problem is when I test these sensors & clutches in I/O mode everything seems fine

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

We had this on two of our machines c5501 and c6501 - whose fuser is very similar to the c6000/c7000.
    The cause in the first is what you have done, actuator tips excessively worn and an intermittent sensor failure when the unit got up to working temperature, worked fine when cool.
    Check the fixing drive shaft(s) (e.g. A03U 7258 00 - part 40-36) for polishing. The clutches eventually polish the shaft to the point that even new clutches in the gears slip ever so slightly on the shaft giving your code.
    We initially used a very fine emery paper to take the shine off and get the machine running, then later replaced the shaft.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raplma View Post
    We had this on two of our machines c5501 and c6501 - whose fuser is very similar to the c6000/c7000.
    The cause in the first is what you have done, actuator tips excessively worn and an intermittent sensor failure when the unit got up to working temperature, worked fine when cool.
    Check the fixing drive shaft(s) (e.g. A03U 7258 00 - part 40-36) for polishing. The clutches eventually polish the shaft to the point that even new clutches in the gears slip ever so slightly on the shaft giving your code.
    We initially used a very fine emery paper to take the shine off and get the machine running, then later replaced the shaft.
    that C-3102, not the J-3102.

the J is something else.

i have the same issue, 8.5x11 runs fine, but if i run 12x18 it gives the error.

only in duplexing on the 12x18, single side runs just fine, and while the 8.5x11 duplexing run just fine. no errors.

hows that for a pickle.

any help?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

Quote Originally Posted by Z20LEH View Post
    Evening all , Im looking for advice on this jam code J-3102 , the lead reg is out by about 50mm , I presuming this is the cause of my jam code , I did a factory reset on all reset timing , replaced the fuser plus the transfer belt & roller , I also replaced both registration sensors still no change, I also swapped the registration motor plus the ADU driver board , it happening from all trays on 80gsm to 300gsm face up or down , firmware was also updated
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

How many on meter?

lead reg is off by 50mm ? not clear if this is a second issues? two problems?

do any sheets make it out before jam? are we talking 1 or 1 jam, or 1 in 100?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    How many on meter?

lead reg is off by 50mm ? not clear if this is a second issues? two problems?

do any sheets make it out before jam? are we talking 1 or 1 jam, or 1 in 100?

thanks for replying

well first sheet its stops right before the fuser flag. at first i thought it was a clutch, change the two thar drives the adu duplexer. but then the 8.5x11 comes out okay, its only when i run 12 x 18 paper, it was wierd. also only happens when duplexing on 12 x 18.

duplexing on 8.5 x 11 comes out okay.

the machine has about 3 million clicks

Ive already changed the clutch in the feeder area, and also try feeding from a different tray same results on 12 x 18. the image looks like the paper was slowing down, because the image on the back side was on the wrong side, its possible its binder in the ADU. but gives a J-3101 and sometime a J-3102.

Thanks again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    thanks for replying

well first sheet its stops right before the fuser flag. at first i thought it was a clutch, change the two thar drives the adu duplexer. but then the 8.5x11 comes out okay, its only when i run 12 x 18 paper, it was wierd. also only happens when duplexing on 12 x 18.

duplexing on 8.5 x 11 comes out okay.

the machine has about 3 million clicks

Ive already changed the clutch in the feeder area, and also try feeding from a different tray same results on 12 x 18. the image looks like the paper was slowing down, because the image on the back side was on the wrong side, its possible its binder in the ADU. but gives a J-3101 and sometime a J-3102.

Thanks again

kinda hijacking his thread....

are you getting a J code or C code?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    kinda hijacking his thread....

are you getting a J code or C code?
    i am getting the J as in Jay code

thanks

Hi, I am having this same issue, on the same model. Can anyone please tell me if the problem was solved and what the cause was?

Thanks