Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C224e draw issues

We ve got a C224e with draw 1 problems.It randomly shows A4 as 81/2 by 11 then ??? and it does not recognize paper in the tray but the light does not go on, but it does when you open the draw. We changed the tray,transport and the size sensor at the back.no joy.Thanks for any suggestions.

Technician

Re: C224e draw issues

your cable may have gone
    A161N10N01
    It is the reference of the drawer 1 usually broken

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224e draw issues

Quote Originally Posted by gere1 View Post
    your cable may have gone
    A161N10N01
    It is the reference of the drawer 1 usually broken
    Huh. What cable? Think you have the machines mixed up. Tray 1 in the C224 is a 500 sheet tray. The C654/754 have LCC's that use a cable but they are labeled 3 & 4. The old bizhub 601 had the LCC's at top and were tray 1 & 2

I've work on many Bizhubs and only cables I'm aware of are for LCC's, finishers & scanner/lamp assy. Never a regular paper tray.

As for the posters original question, sounds like the guides that slide are not locking in place all the way. You have to try and get the gudies to lock deeper into size slots. And as last resort if customer only uses the tray for one size you could put small self tapping screw somewhere to hold guides from moving. Also could manually set the tray to the size instead of auto.

Take it off auto and set draw size

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Huh. What cable? Think you have the machines mixed up. Tray 1 in the C224 is a 500 sheet tray. The C654/754 have LCC's that use a cable but they are labeled 3 & 4. The old bizhub 601 had the LCC's at top and were tray 1 & 2

I've work on many Bizhubs and only cables I'm aware of are for LCC's, finishers & scanner/lamp assy. Never a regular paper tray.

As for the posters original question, sounds like the guides that slide are not locking in place all the way. You have to try and get the gudies to lock deeper into size slots. And as last resort if customer only uses the tray for one size you could put small self tapping screw somewhere to hold guides from moving. Also could manually set the tray to the size instead of auto.
    This cable - Key 1 :

C224e cable.jpg
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224e draw issues

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This cable - Key 1 :

C224e cable.jpg
    I guess a language difference. We call that a wiring harness with connectors. Never in 45 yrs in this biz have I heard it called a cable.

And this is what Konica Minolta calls it: A161N10N01 "Paperfeed Wiring /Rear" EA 7.87

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C224e draw issues

check the guides when paper is in it, when the customers load the drawers and close them like they are bowling for a strike, the guides shift back and screw up the auto size function.
    the 8.5 or 11 should line up with the edge of the paper, not 3mm+ towards the rear.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

We changed the whole draw so it can t be the guides,we ve taken off auto but cant find how to manually set paper size and orientation.And we still have the issue of it not recognizing paper in the draw, and the orange light going on whan you open the draw.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Almost 100% sure its problem in in draw paper size sensor wiring,have same case recently.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C224e draw issues

+1 on the wiring,changed it 1 week ago for the exact same issue.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.