Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: 4e and 8 series drum unit

Open Aliexpress, in search put ie. DR-512K, voila.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    A curiosity but .. Where can small spare parts be recovered? From other consumables used but in good condition? In the KM part list I don't find spare parts for drums/fusers. For example, to rebuild a fuser or drum, who do you supply from?
    Open Aliexpress, in search put ie. DR-512, voila.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    4e and 8 series drum unit

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    A curiosity but .. Where can small spare parts be recovered? From other consumables used but in good condition? In the KM part list I don't find spare parts for drums/fusers. For example, to rebuild a fuser or drum, who do you supply from?
    No OEM parts available. Have to use aftermarket mostly from China. I use Copylite.com here is USA. Maybe they ship to your country?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hey. have anyone found spare parts for the color drums holder-spacer so i can add black drums on color unit but build them in the office and not in customers office?

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangr View Post
    hey. have anyone found spare parts for the color drums holder-spacer so i can add black drums on color unit but build them in the office and not in customers office?
    On new black drums KM changed that part and now you cannot exchange end parts just like that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yeah i am aware of that. i just ask if there are parts so i can do it in my office and just go to customer and plug and play instead of swapping the covers on field

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    4e and 8 series drum unit

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangr View Post
    yeah i am aware of that. i just ask if there are parts so i can do it in my office and just go to customer and plug and play instead of swapping the covers on field
    You can swap these over at the customer they wont notice.

In fact if they see you taking out screws etc it makes them feel they are getting value for money rather than you walking up to the copier, opening the door fit & drum & leave without the need for tools!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You can swap these over at the customer they wont notice.

In fact if they see you taking out screws etc it makes them feel they are getting value for money rather than you walking up to the copier, opening the door fit & drum & leave without the need for tools!
    Good point but only for new customers. If they used to see you before just sliding drums out/in it may be uncomfortable atleast. Still chips should be kept for the shop

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    On new black drums KM changed that part and now you cannot exchange end parts just like that.
    Can you explain this a little better, like what was changed, etc? I've been laid off for a few months here, and within the last 2 weeks have gone back to work. Curious about what has changed as I haven't had the luxury of swapping in a black drum for a color on the 8-series since probably Aug or Set of 2019. I don't believe we have ordered any new drums since probably Dec either. Not sure when the transition happened.

This is something we do at the place I work for, and I bet they don't even know this has happened, so I want to be prepared for the day I go to swap this out and I can't...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi man,

I had a bad issue with series 8 drums, is better to buy original one than refurbishing one of them.

Also screws and plastic components are calibrated by manufacturing company.

Cheers!