Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: KM FS-607 too much loop after conv roller 4, causing back edge flick

First time i see this it was hard to figure out what is problem and i have to do it myself and take some time.
    Glad to help you to not lose time like me years ago.
    And yes,order new part number,i take part number quickly from PM and it is obsolete.
    Replacing procedure is little tricky but you can do it,its hard to explain this way and English is not my primary language.
    Thanks for thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM FS-607 too much loop after conv roller 4, causing back edge flick

Indeed, which is why I am most grateful for your help and advice.
    As well as the help and advice of the 'collective' in this forum and endeavour not to take it for granted and support/contribute to it.

I'm quite happy taking things apart, in fact any machine or finisher that comes to end of life and hangs around too long soon becomes the subject of disassembly down to the screws.
    Always the best way to get to know a unit. I don't quite count the screws, but do keep a few trays of potential spares.

Attachment 43837

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM FS-607 too much loop after conv roller 4, causing back edge flick

Thought I'd update the thread to complete the solution in case someone needs this in future.

New roller arrived today - KM had fun locating it though in the end had to send over the page from the parts manual - lol, probably miss-filed in their huge warehouse of spares.
    To confirm P/N is 13QE45133E the revised version.

Having got the new one I measured the diameter of the old rollers nominally 23.2mm, diameter of new roller nominally 25.4mm, so the numbers speak for themselves. For the record old roller had done 3.6M clicks.

WP_20191101_08_02_45_Pro.jpg

Installation was relatively straight forward especially as this is a part not designed to be replaced in the PM cycles.
    Removed gate 5, two plastic circlips, two plastic bushes, unload springs, gate pops out
    Released belt tension on gears by removing the gear from conv roller /2 first - simply as access was easier.
    Removed 2 gears, gear pin, circlip & bearing from back, and knob/circlip/bearing from front and roller dropped out easily
    Install was reverse.

One point of note there is no longer a groove for the rear circlip

WP_20191101_08_05_37_Pro.jpg

So once again I doff my cap to you all especially to Toxic for the specific solution that solved our problem.
    Last edited by raplma; 11-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Good job Mark!
    Thank you for confirming solution of Toxic. Have a great weekend.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I am glad you manage to replace shaft with rollers so easy and solve the problem.
    Thank you for feedback and detailed work description, i would not know how to explain like that on English.