Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C454e cyan developer

Re: C454e cyan developer

Quote Originally Posted by vedder View Post
    Hi Copyman,

It wouldnt be so bad if you could just get a bag of dev, pour in, fit some other bits and try again, but the price of a new dev unit everytime is ridiculous.
    Use new black developer units for colors. Just swap chips. Run 60 11x17 halftones of the color dev unit you are replacing, around 40 pages you will see the black changing to the color. After around 60 pages black will have changed to the color!

Also I've brought back many dev units that have crashed by adding developer from another bad unit until I get the proper TCR reading. Of course did this after replacing any overlife consumables that caused the dev crash in first place.

There is NO way I'm paying Kon/Min $500+ for a color dev unit !!! I'll buy an off lease working C224 for around $500 and get 4 dev units plus other parts before paying kon/min that kind of money !!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

have had a few cyan developer units sort themselves out, really weird, had the white marks across the page, took them out examined them, virtually nothing on the roller, couldn't go back for a week on one, when I went back with the new dev unit, thought I'd check the quality...it had recovered itself.....it's happened a few times, not only on cyan too
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

C454e cyan developer

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    have had a few cyan developer units sort themselves out, really weird, had the white marks across the page, took them out examined them, virtually nothing on the roller, couldn't go back for a week on one, when I went back with the new dev unit, thought I'd check the quality...it had recovered itself.....it's happened a few times, not only on cyan too
    Yes the good thing with those dev units is they can recover "sometimes" because toner btl has new developer mixed in. Constant fresh developer is what keeps quality the same as the consumables age.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Okay folks,
    Went to the customer on Monday of this week and changed the cyan developer, because it was gone. So I ordered the HV board and the toner subhopper and said that I would be back. I got there yesterday, 4 days later and the cyan developer was gone! I did change them both, but did not have the developer, it was the end of the day and did not go to the office to get one. The black drum and transfer belt are due to be changed. We are out of drums, as KM is having troubles keeping up with these things. I will give KM a call first thing on Monday to see what they say. Thanks for listening.

KEN

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Howdy Folks,

I have a couple of these C454e machines that are eating cyan developer units. One machine just yesterday has only 9000 copies on the unit. I replaced the drum and developer previous to this change. I just sent them back to KM for their YPP. When I take out the unit there is not a brush on the mag roller, seems to be all gone? The waste toner box is a little heavy, so I think that it is going in there. The one machine that I was just at yesterday has over 1 million on it and the other one has not quite a million. One has G00-K2 and the other has G20-M1. Just throwing that out there, because the cyan developers are always backordered.

Thanks
    KEN
    Try to charge dv unit with toner manually few times, i had this problem with 6500km. I had charged many times toner inside the dv, after that problem solved.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C454e cyan developer

There is a new solution for this issue, blocked air flow see attached.

After you have replaced ALL image & developer units & the transfer unit if are over life vac out the suction area.

Premature Developer Unit Failure - Image Unit Failure V2.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C454e cyan developer

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is a new solution for this issue, blocked air flow see attached.

After you have replaced ALL image & developer units & the transfer unit if are over life vac out the suction area.

Premature Developer Unit Failure - Image Unit Failure V2.pdf
    Wow! That looks like 3 hours of fun (and toner to the elbows). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

C454e cyan developer

FYI, you can have a bad drum even if consumable is not showing 0% life left. Now that these machines are 5+ yeras old so are the drums, etc. So on super low volume machines the drums can go bad, even if they were hardly used. Age takes a toll on drums, dev units, etc.
    I'm a firm believer 40+ ppm machines consumables will yield many more pages if ran heavy, sometimes lasting 3 x's longer, where as the low volume machines when not run the way designed the consumables crap out early. High volume machines need to be run or you will have more service calls then normal. Just my experience over the years.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just an update for this call. The black drum and the transfer belt were at 0%. So I replaced them and cleaned out the cyan air duct and that was a couple weeks ago. Called the customer and it is going okay. Did open a request with KM and I got a document that I will enclose that helped a little.

Thanks
    KEN
    Cyan Magenta Dev loss.pdf

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C454e cyan developer

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Wow! That looks like 3 hours of fun (and toner to the elbows). =^..^=
    Don't need to take the the drive off just IU's, Devs & transfer out can then gain access to vac out.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk