Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Which type of NTC use KM in our fuser unit?
    On stand by (ca. 23 degree of celsius) 1.2Mohm.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta fuser NTC


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,982
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    What model? NTC? Seems to be a language barrier, are you asking about a thermistor / thermacouple?

    FYI (For Your Information) Kon/Min does not sell fuser parts for most models. There are some exceptions but mostly sell only the complete fuser assembly.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    i wanna use the thermistor from fuser (used bh 223 fuser) to another project.
    I want know what characteristic have this thermistor. Or NTC manufacturer: Vishay Epcos or something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    What model? NTC? Seems to be a language barrier, are you asking about a thermistor / thermacouple?

    FYI (For Your Information) Kon/Min does not sell fuser parts for most models. There are some exceptions but mostly sell only the complete fuser assembly.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    If they're physically the same size and use an ohmmeter to compare the two and make sure that the connector is wired the same I don't believe in it but I wouldn't stop anyone from experimenting

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Quote Originally Posted by double__g View Post
    i wanna use the thermistor from fuser (used bh 223 fuser) to another project.
    I want know what characteristic have this thermistor. Or NTC manufacturer: Vishay Epcos or something else.
    There is no mention in service documentations what type and brand thermistors KM use in their machines.
    If you want to use bizhub fuser thermistor for another project maybe it's better to buy one from electronics store and get data sheets from there.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta fuser NTC


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,982
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Thermistors are rated different oHms so have to be careful. Only way I would attempt this is within same series / design, Like switching thermistors between a biz 223 and biz 250, etc.

  7. #7
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,605
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Quote Originally Posted by double__g View Post
    i wanna use the thermistor from fuser (used bh 223 fuser) to another project.
    I want know what characteristic have this thermistor. Or NTC manufacturer: Vishay Epcos or something else.
    What kind of project?
    Whatever

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    What kind of project?
    3D printing.My opinion is this high resistance value NTC is more useable for precise Hotend controlling.

  9. #9
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,605
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    The PID control values in the firmware makes a big difference to the heat control.
    You would need to calibrate it yourself if you can't find a datasheet on it.
    Should handle the heat ok.
    Even with out of the box creality printers one machine will print PLA fine at 180 another will be better at 210 with the same filament.
    Fluctuations are even caused by the power supply fan kicking in. Would be at 200 with the fan off and fall to 195 and then recover if the fan turns on.
    And it leaves its mark on the layer lines.

    Yea would think a wider resistance range over a given temperature change would be better. But your biggest limit would be the 10bit ADC conversion.
    24bit like the ones used on the load cells for scales would be a lot better.

    Would have been great if the 1820 one wire chip could handle the heat. Would be 12bit.
    Whatever

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Konica Minolta fuser NTC

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The PID control values in the firmware makes a big difference to the heat control.
    You would need to calibrate it yourself if you can't find a datasheet on it.
    Should handle the heat ok.
    Even with out of the box creality printers one machine will print PLA fine at 180 another will be better at 210 with the same filament.
    Fluctuations are even caused by the power supply fan kicking in. Would be at 200 with the fan off and fall to 195 and then recover if the fan turns on.
    And it leaves its mark on the layer lines.

    Yea would think a wider resistance range over a given temperature change would be better. But your biggest limit would be the 10bit ADC conversion.
    24bit like the ones used on the load cells for scales would be a lot better.

    Would have been great if the 1820 one wire chip could handle the heat. Would be 12bit.
    I use board with sophisticated processor. Example: SKR v1.3 or SKR pro v1.1 (32 bit LPC1768 and STM32F407ZGT6)
    And Open Source Marlin (If I know right) not support dallas 18b20. And this sensor max temp is: Measures Temperatures from -55C to +125C
    This is not enough. i want print 260 C or more (PEEK). When i tested this (KM) NTC on my printer then i dont't know the temperature what i see on display is correct or not.
    Stand by temp is 43C . With another NTC is 23C .
    Here is Marlin's supported NTCs:
    1 : 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)
    * 331 : (3.3V scaled thermistor 1 table)
    * 2 : 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup)
    * 3 : Mendel-parts thermistor (4.7k pullup)
    * 4 : 10k thermistor !! do not use it for a hotend. It gives bad resolution at high temp. !!
    * 5 : 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2/104NT-4-R025H42G (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (4.7k pullup)
    * 501 : 100K Zonestar (Tronxy X3A) Thermistor
    * 512 : 100k RPW-Ultra hotend thermistor (4.7k pullup)
    * 6 : 100k EPCOS - Not as accurate as table 1 (created using a fluke thermocouple) (4.7k pullup)
    * 7 : 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01 (4.7k pullup)
    * 71 : 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAF-J01 (4.7k pullup)
    * 8 : 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup)
    * 9 : 100k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1 (4.7k pullup)
    * 10 : 100k RS thermistor 198-961 (4.7k pullup)
    * 11 : 100k beta 3950 1% thermistor (4.7k pullup)
    * 12 : 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup) (calibrated for Makibox hot bed)
    * 13 : 100k Hisens 3950 1% up to 300C for hotend "Simple ONE " & "Hotend "All In ONE"
    * 15 : 100k thermistor calibration for JGAurora A5 hotend
    * 18 : ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup) Dagoma.Fr - MKS_Base_DKU001327
    * 20 : Pt100 with circuit in the Ultimainboard V2.x
    * 201 : Pt100 with circuit in Overlord, similar to Ultimainboard V2.x
    * 60 : 100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermistor beta=3950
    * 61 : 100k Formbot / Vivedino 3950 350C thermistor 4.7k pullup
    * 66 : 4.7M High Temperature thermistor from Dyze Design
    * 67 : 450C thermistor from SliceEngineering
    * 70 : the 100K thermistor found in the bq Hephestos 2
    * 75 : 100k Generic Silicon Heat Pad with NTC 100K MGB18-104F39050L32 thermistor
    * 99 : 100k thermistor with a 10K pull-up resistor (found on some Wanhao i3 machines)
    *
    * 1k ohm pullup tables - This is atypical, and requires changing out the 4.7k pullup for 1k.
    * (but gives greater accuracy and more stable PID)
    * 51 : 100k thermistor - EPCOS (1k pullup)
    * 52 : 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (1k pullup)
    * 55 : 100k thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (1k pullup)
    *
    * 1047 : Pt1000 with 4k7 pullup
    * 1010 : Pt1000 with 1k pullup (non standard)
    * 147 : Pt100 with 4k7 pullup
    * 110 : Pt100 with 1k pullup (non standard)
    *
    * 1000 : Custom - Specify parameters in Configuration_adv.h



    And i use this : 66 : 4.7M High Temperature thermistor from Dyze Design
    But this is not same type with KM NTC.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here