Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

e series dumping developer

Just wanted a sample from the forum..

When you have one of these that depletes a dev unit (C seems to be the main culprit) how do you resolve it
    1. Replace DEV unit, and all other drums, developer, ITB,and 2nd x-fer roller
    2. Replace DEV unit and all other consumables that have exceed their life limits
    3. Replace DEV, HVT contacts, and HVT..
    Do you have a tried and true 4th option, and are you seeing the same issues on the 8 series. TIA E

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    e series dumping developer

Re: e series dumping developer

Has always been the dev dumps because of over life drums for me. Never had to replace HV wires, etc.

Replacing the drum, developer unit and "any" other over life consumables fixed it for me.

As I have posted on here before with many others addressing this subject. Also there are several bulletins about this issue.

By the way chipping the over life drum won't cut it, it's actually worse to reset with chip leaving old drum in. The new chip resets all the parameters thinking it's a new drum. This reallys screws up the voltages! If a contract customer and trying to make more profit it's best to just turn off messages instead of chipping. I use aftermarket chips but only after I've rebuilt the drum unit with new drum, blade, sawtooth charger, and grid.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: e series dumping developer

On the larger E series machines (45cpm & up) be sure to keep the toner filters changed out and clean. If the filter gets dirty enough, the exhaust ports clog up (it's always the cyan and magenta that clog first) and the Dev units start depleting. Also, dirty IDC sensors for the transfer belt can cause issues.