Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

c458 jamming at reg rollers.

Hi, I have a customer who's c458 is constantly jamming at the reg rollers. j30-03 code. The reg rollers are not turning at all. Reg sensor is working ok in sensor check. Have replaced the reg clutch with a known to work clutch but no joy. I have also found other issues which maybe connected. In service mode I have an oil can logo showing idc front and rear sensors not reading. voltage shows 0.00v and 0.20v. If I choose just one copy, when I take the itb out I have multiple repeated part images on the belt. (see picture)I had cleaned the belt so there was no image on the belt previously. Has anyone had anything similar? Have a feeling it maybe the frb pcb behind the waste toner box causing the issues. Any help/ opinions appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: c458 jamming at reg rollers.

does the paper make it under the registration roller? Meaning does it stick out on the other side of it?
    Does the paper wrinkle?
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Is it jamming from all trays? did you test anything in service mode, switches, etc.

I don't think the oil can has anything to do with the jamming. You have 2 things going on.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

can you turn the rollers by hand? Have had them lock up.

Hi, The paper stops at the reg rollers and does not go past them. It does not wrinkle. I have marked the rollers and they do not move. It jams from both cassettes and bypass. I have tested the reg sensor and path sensors in service mode but not the motors. The reason I thought it may be the frb pcb is that the clutch wiring goes to this board, the idc sensors wiring goes to the same board and the laser as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    can you turn the rollers by hand? Have had them lock up.
    Hi, yes the reg rollers turn by hand, I removed the reg assembly and swapped the clutch. (removed and cleaned the bushings at the same time). all moving smoothly.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Check Registration clutch (CL4)

Call the Service Mode to the screen -> Touch [State Confirmation] -> [Load Check] -> Open the front door or the right door -> Touch [Start LoadCheck] -> Entry screen of the check code and the multi code appears -> Close the opened door -> Enter check code 21, multi code 2 -> Press Startkey and the specified load is activated -> Press the Stop key to stop the check operation

If determined that the clutch has failed, replace CL4 AND the Front side board (FRB) at the same time. Verify if F2E (ICP) on the MFP board (MFPB) is OPEN. If so, replace the MFPB, otherwise continue troubleshooting.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.