Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub 222 not adding toner

I have a bizhub 222 with toner hopper solenoids that just will not activate. I've checked the voltage from the power supply board to the PWB and the PWB is receiving 24v, I have check the voltage from the pwb to PJ15 (Main Hopper solenoid) and PJ21 ( Sub Hopper solenoid), both are receiving 5v. I have changed the connectors between the solenoids, each solenoid individually, the PWB, and the ATDC sensor but the Solenoids still never activate. when checking the printer voltage in service mode the ATDC sensor reads 684 but if I go to the section in the service mode called ATDC I get a reading of 184

Re: Bizhub 222 not adding toner

just checked PJ5A (2nd pin provides voltage to ATDC sensor) and I'm only getting .10v. Might be the issue?
    Last edited by Gina82; 11-22-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 222 not adding toner

Quote Originally Posted by Gina82 View Post
    just check PJ5A (2nd pin provides voltage to ATDC sensor) and I'm only getting .10v. Might be the issue?
    good place to start!

@phil b, I got the sensor from a working machine, and it let me run a successful F8 adjustment when it was replaced. I took the connector out and check the pin on the board, but I know the board is a good board because I used the machine before using the needed parts. I'm lost here

Remember when testing on copiers like this if you get 5V on the supply to a device like a solenoid it means there is no current going thru and the device is in an off state.
    The micro controller will close the loop by grounding the voltage after the device. So if it is trigger to actuate the voltage will drop to 0V or close to it because there is very little potential difference while the current is flowing.

Not sure about how the ATDC sensor works if it gives out a voltage or current reference for control. Have you measure the ATDC output on a good machine.
    Those solenoids do like to stick.

Are you getting C-2557?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Remember when testing on copiers like this if you get 5V on the supply to a device like a solenoid it means there is no current going thru and the device is in an off state.
    The micro controller will close the loop by grounding the voltage after the device. So if it is trigger to actuate the voltage will drop to 0V or close to it because there is very little potential difference while the current is flowing.

Not sure about how the ATDC sensor works if it gives out a voltage or current reference for control. Have you measure the ATDC output on a good machine.
    Those solenoids do like to stick.

Are you getting C-2557?
    I was getting a c 2557 error code followed by a c255c error code when performing F8 but I replaced the worn pads on the solenoids with electric tape and this got rid of the codes but I still had the issue of the solenoids not turning on. I just tested the solenoid and it remained in an off state, the voltage never dropped. I'll try a different solenoid and see what my results are. If neither drop to 0V what area should I start looking in? Keeping in mind I just changed the PWB and connector housing
    Last edited by Gina82; 11-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

@Allan, neither solenoid drops from 5v to 0v, both stay at a constant 5.09v

??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

in level history what is the toner % should be 6 to 7% it wont add till this drops. never seen or heard of these going bad. just sticking

Do I understand this right the prints are getting lighter with no error codes?
    The the machine must think the toner density value is ok?

PWB?
    The one at the back of the machine?
    Whatever