Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bizhub C224e not detecting firmware

I tried booting it with the firmware USB port cover open. It doesn't starts to boot. After I let go the lid to it's original position, machine starts to boot 🤔

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

So it's working now?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    So it's working now?
    Nope...

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C224e not detecting firmware

I did not read all three pages of this thread but based on the symptom not taking firmware the only way that I've been able to get it to work is to do a complete data wipe on the machine initialize everything initialize system data reinstall the movie data and then it'll take firmware but make sure you back up the address book and all that through external memory backup don't know if you tried it before
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

He cannot boot up, machine stucks on two pillars, latter on four , that is my understanding.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

I have faced similar issue before when old SSD was installed. I disconnected motherboard battery and the machine auto resets. But now that method is also not working. Sometimes letting the machine off for 3days or more and then turning on successfully boots the machine. These weird ghostly issues are giving nightmares to me. I'm searching for a 2nd hand machine to swap motherboard as this machine is a low mileage so can't sell it.

Can anyone look up the technical bulletin if anyone of these issues are mentioned or not?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C224e not detecting firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Ari007 View Post
    Can anyone look up the technical bulletin if anyone of these issues are mentioned or not?
    Good. We bought a lot with several 364. I had a problem identical to yours. I just found out by putting a working machine SSD
    into the problem machine. She called perfectly. Then put the so-called damaged SSD on the good machine and it had the same
    defect.

Not yet replaced by a new SSD, but identified the error.

I believe your new SSD must be without firmware. I advise installing on a good machine, do the upgrade procedure and install
    on your faulty machine.

Do it without fear. Already exchanged several SSD from one machine to another and the data was never lost. Perhaps in an
    abnormal situation, you will have to do the installation procedure again because of the shame lines.

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Good. We bought a lot with several 364. I had a problem identical to yours. I just found out by putting a working machine SSD
    into the problem machine. She called perfectly. Then put the so-called damaged SSD on the good machine and it had the same
    defect.

I believe your new SSD must be without firmware. I advise installing on a good machine, do the upgrade procedure and install
    on your faulty machine.

Do it without fear. Already exchanged several SSD from one machine to another and the data was never lost. Perhaps in an
    abnormal situation, you will have to do the installation procedure again because of the shame lines.
    That seems legit... Thank you 😊...

BDW you also can try the removing bios battery method to hard reset the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    defect.

on your faulty machine.

Can I do something with my old SSD... That one came from factory?
    I think I can retrieve that one from the dealer.