Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C308 scan to network

When you select the scan option from the display then select direct input option there is no email icon to select.

Printing and scanning to file on desktop is working just not email. When you put a document in the adf and select an address that has been programmed the START button never turns blue.

I can't figure out how to resolve this, I feel it is something simple that I'm missing.
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by deputydogg; 12-06-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C308 scan to network

Re: C308 scan to network

does the HDD show as "installed"?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Has scan to e-mail been enabled??

There are a few settings that affect this..
    Scan to email enabled (as the 1st poster mentioned), and another admin setting that removes everything but FAX from the scan screen. If you have authentication turned on the public user can be modifed, but I don't remember if its "enable/disable scan" or more drilled down to scan types. So, let us know if the FAX option is the only choice you have in SCAN. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    does the HDD show as "installed"?
    As this is the first KM machine I've seen I'm not sure how to determine that ?
    Printing and scanning to file on desktop is working just not email. When you put a document in the adf and select an address that has been programmed the START button never turns blue.
    Thanks

Probably missing the admin/MFP "from address" in this case. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    There are a few settings that affect this..
    Scan to email enabled (as the 1st poster mentioned), and another admin setting that removes everything but FAX from the scan screen. If you have authentication turned on the public user can be modifed, but I don't remember if its "enable/disable scan" or more drilled down to scan types. So, let us know if the FAX option is the only choice you have in SCAN. E
    The network guy says scan to email is enabled. It doesn't have a fax kit on it, it shows scan only.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    As this is the first KM machine I've seen I'm not sure how to determine that ?
    Thanks
    Your post is confusing..1st post says scan to email not available, then you follow up with address is selectable but start button won't turn blue..Which is it???

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Your post is confusing..1st post says scan to email not available, then you follow up with address is selectable but start button won't turn blue..Which is it???
    I apologize if I did't word it correctly. The email addresses show up in the address book but when you select one the start button doesn't turn blue it stays red. If you select direct input there is no email icon to select.
    Does that help ?
    Thanks,
    Dave

I think you have 2 issues..
    1. Admin/Security/Security details/Restrict Manual Destination Input--Ensure this is OFF..This should bring your scan menu direct input choices back.
    2. Verify you have a "from address" set. This needs to be done under admin/system settings, it will copy over to email SMTP TX, the only address you can fill in here is the admin email address. Lack of the from address is the only reason I have ever seen that you could see the 1 touch buttons and select them but START would never go blue.
    You may also want to let us know if this is a used machine, or may have had some kind of vendor device mounted at one point. Putting a machine in Vendor mode makes some new default settings that do not get changed back when the vendor mode is unset. This is not very common, but used machines that were in PKI mode is, and many resellers do not have an understanding on how to remove PKI. E