Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Awakening from causal energy savings

Hi,

I had several bizhubs in the office, from the oldest to the most recent iSeries. Most of them have standard energy saving configurations. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, they wake up from energy savings. This happened to me on Bizhub C258, 4052, C300i etc.

I never found a definitive solution, I tried to reduce the sensitivity to "touch the panel to wake up from saving energy" to -2 but without great results. The only definitive solution is to deactivate the awakening by touching the panel but to some it might be annoying to wake up the screen with a button.

Do you have any experience and advice?
    Last edited by Bix; 12-06-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Awakening from causal energy savings

Bix, our office machine C250i was doing the same. As I usually arrive first in the morning machine maybe 1 or 2 times per a week wasn't in sleep mode.
    Such things irritates me, because I don't know why it's happening. I deleted/removed all Marketplace crap that seems to help.
    As you have mixed fleet between models I don't know what to advice regarding older ones, but keep digging
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I have also seen this before but never really found an answer. I always turn off the sleep mode because of the issues with the 3 & 4 series waking up. Don't some Kon/Min models have a feature that senses when you walk near machine and it wakes up?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Known issue on early i series to continuously wake from sleep mode. 30% of early panels have a grounding issue in relation to the proximity sensor.

Panel replacement is not required. An additional ground wire from panel frame to proximity sensor fixes the problem. This is my self made cable, I did not have smaller terminals to use. KMBT is looking at providing conductive foil tape as a solution.

The fix is very easy and it works.

Bulletin for reference; PSKM_BT1928457EN

IMG_7362.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi,

I had several bizhubs in the office, from the oldest to the most recent iSeries. Most of them have standard energy saving configurations. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, they wake up from energy savings. This happened to me on Bizhub C258, 4052, C300i etc.

I never found a definitive solution, I tried to reduce the sensitivity to "touch the panel to wake up from saving energy" to -2 but without great results. The only definitive solution is to deactivate the awakening by touching the panel but to some it might be annoying to wake up the screen with a button.

Do you have any experience and advice?
    This is caused by temperature & humidity fluctuations the machine does a warm up cycle to prevent condensation etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Known issue on early i series to continuously wake from sleep mode. 30% of early panels have a grounding issue in relation to the proximity sensor.

Panel replacement is not required. An additional ground wire from panel frame to proximity sensor fixes the problem. This is my self made cable, I did not have smaller terminals to use. KMBT is looking at providing conductive foil tape as a solution.

The fix is very easy and it works.

Bulletin for reference; PSKM_BT1928457EN

IMG_7362.jpg
    As you have turned off PMs I have to ask you here, from where you get that bulletin? Can't find it in mykonicaminolta.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    As you have turned off PMs I have to ask you here, from where you get that bulletin? Can't find it in mykonicaminolta.
    May not be public in your country.

On the i series, just press the power button on LHS of panel and wait up to 10 minutes, if it wakes up by itself with no reason this will be the cause.

On the one I had - press the button and within 10 seconds, bang it was on again, every time.

Attached the grounding wire as per the bulletin and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is caused by temperature & humidity fluctuations the machine does a warm up cycle to prevent condensation etc.
    It seems strange to me because if I deactivate the awakening by touch on the panel, the C250i does not turn on by itself.
    I think I consider the grounding hypothesis. But is it a forgotten piece or just a lack in the first released MFPs, like the thickness for the toners?
    I happened to disassemble a panel in the 8 series and if I'm not mistaken, that cable is present. Now I understand its usefulness

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    It seems strange to me because if I deactivate the awakening by touch on the panel, the C250i does not turn on by itself.
    I think I consider the grounding hypothesis. But is it a forgotten piece or just a lack in the first released MFPs, like the thickness for the toners?
    The floating ground for the proximity sensor is because of the conductive foam used in the early panels is not conductive enough.

The addition of the ground wire as per the image solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    The floating ground for the proximity sensor is because of the conductive foam used in the early panels is not conductive enough.

The addition of the ground wire as per the image solves the problem.
    thank you!Any advice on where to recover such a cable, even from other MFPs? Until now, I found only 50cm long cables