Help Bizhub 253!

Hello everyone!
    The printer officially Ocè CS173 (Konica Minolta Bizhub C253) is blocked with C-D010 error.
    I cannot format the hard disk because in the "utility/counter" menu I cannot access the printer panel (see photo), it does not exist, it is as if it were erased from the machine (I only have function 4 to control the life of the consumables).

I have already performed factory reset several times.
    I tried removing the hard disk, it changes the error but I still don't have the possibility to work on the printer menu.

I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to reinstall the firmware.

I found online a firmware:
    - C253_A02E-0Y0-0050-G2A-0900.exe
    - A02E0Y0-F000-GQT-R6.exe

I installed Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 and formatted my flash card (2gb - fat system) and tried the two files but the printer tells me that the card is invalid. (see photo)

Can anyone tell me if I'm using the right procedure and help me with the right firmware?
    If possible send it to delbrusco@amdservices.it

Thank you all

b1e0a642-50b3-4b43-a3e8-02c0d1cb81fa.jpgb81e1f25-8625-4f16-83c5-b963359793ce.jpgbeeb3d2c-edcd-48da-949b-79d43b9619fd (1).jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Help Bizhub 253!

Hi, you have to press Meter Count and then the classic procedure to enter Service Mode.

Try disabling HDD and see if it continues to give the error.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

There are only certain CF card brands & size that will work. And card "cannot" be formated. If you format card it will definitely not work!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Agree with copyman - you have to find CF card that will work and that's not so easy.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    There are only certain CF card brands & size that will work. And card "cannot" be formated. If you format card it will definitely not work!
    guess someone didn't read their service manual... clearly stated in it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

Quote Originally Posted by devidzzzz View Post
    Hello everyone!
    The printer officially Ocè CS173 (Konica Minolta Bizhub C253) is blocked with C-D010 error.
    I cannot format the hard disk because in the "utility/counter" menu I cannot access the printer panel (see photo), it does not exist, it is as if it were erased from the machine (I only have function 4 to control the life of the consumables).

I have already performed factory reset several times.
    I tried removing the hard disk, it changes the error but I still don't have the possibility to work on the printer menu.

I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to reinstall the firmware.

I found online a firmware:
    - C253_A02E-0Y0-0050-G2A-0900.exe
    - A02E0Y0-F000-GQT-R6.exe

I installed Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 and formatted my flash card (2gb - fat system) and tried the two files but the printer tells me that the card is invalid. (see photo)

Can anyone tell me if I'm using the right procedure and help me with the right firmware?
    If possible send it to delbrusco@amdservices.it

Thank you all

b1e0a642-50b3-4b43-a3e8-02c0d1cb81fa.jpgb81e1f25-8625-4f16-83c5-b963359793ce.jpgbeeb3d2c-edcd-48da-949b-79d43b9619fd (1).jpg
    You ideally need a 128mb compact flash card, although a 256mb will also work. Anything larger than 256mb will not work

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

The best I remember using was "sandisk" brand 64 or 128mb. Should be able to find on ebay but I wouldn't take a chance with used because it will most likely be formatted to remove the sellers data, photos, etc.

I still get weezy thinking about loading F/W in that model. Never new what you were going to get when attempting it
    Last edited by copyman; 12-10-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Concerning card size, had a similar issue on Xerox machines. Found a small software called BOOTICE that i could use to partition a memory card/usb stick. In order to write/update firmware on certain Xerox machines, you have to use max 2gb usb drives which you can't find anymore. Used this program to partition a 16gb usb drive, made a 2gb partition, copied the firmware files and voila, updates/upgrades worked. Tested on several equipments, worked like a charm. Maybe it will help you too if you try to make a partition of a required size on a bigger cf card. Cheers.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

Quote Originally Posted by acidus View Post
    Concerning card size, had a similar issue on Xerox machines. Found a small software called BOOTICE that i could use to partition a memory card/usb stick. In order to write/update firmware on certain Xerox machines, you have to use max 2gb usb drives which you can't find anymore. Used this program to partition a 16gb usb drive, made a 2gb partition, copied the firmware files and voila, updates/upgrades worked. Tested on several equipments, worked like a charm. Maybe it will help you too if you try to make a partition of a required size on a bigger cf card. Cheers.
    Been there, done that. I partitioned a half gig CF card to 128mb so it only read as 128mb when plugged into card reader. It was still not recognised be the C353.
    These machines are very picky when it comes to CF cards.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Help Bizhub 253!

on those CF card ones, such nonsense and heartache.
    i started doing it via FTP to my laptop and it works. just a long ass file name to type.
    thank god they are discontinued, havent done one in a dozen years and never will again.

the last one i bought was from a camera place in Hoboken for 15.00 you cant even find them under a gigabyte nowadays.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.